#07

"Your last

"Your last... Gift?"

Were my jokes too much for him? Did my silly antics irritate him? Moon did not realise that Law was trying to wrap this up before he really got too attached to her, and wished to do the best he could as a doctor to make sure she was fine. Being a doctor what he did best, after all. Feeling his heartbeat regulating at a familiar place, he looked around the operating room once before drawing the curtains and facing away. It feels so much better, Law thought, taking off his hat and sanitising his hands thoroughly before putting on gloves. I hope I don't get distracted by her stupid self again, he thought.

While Law was calming down, Moon was staring at the pink cotton-polyester shirt intently. He bought it specifically for me? So that he can examine my arms? What did he see through the scan, she pondered. Having no choice but to put it on, she removed her linen, long-sleeved shirt and pulled on that shirt that seemed to be half a size smaller intentionally. This is a bit revealing, she thought, rubbing her arms together. Due to the material and sizing of the shirt, it showed off her natural figure quite well, and she blushed at the thought of him looking at her in this state. Law did not rush her though, as he patiently waited for her to call out to him first.

"Doctor-captain? I think... I'm done."

"I'll draw the curtain now."

Law's voice was gentle this time, as he slowly drew the medical grade curtain to face her with a completely different look. Blushing hard at the view, he almost felt bad that he was the one that bought it for her. I'm not letting Shachi or Penguin see this, he immediately decided. Come on Law, be professional, he reminded himself, as he instructed her to sit on the patient's bed, pulling a tray of supplies over.

Don't get distracted, Trafalgar Law. You've seen so many bodies, clothed and unclothed. You can do this. He mentally slapped himself a few times, as he observed the condition of her arms.

"Let me know anytime you feel uncomfortable."

The man who said that didn't look that comfortable either, as he nodded his head before preparing some antiseptic cream, healing oil and plasters. Her arms had relatively fresh scabs, older scars and bruises that would have benefitted from earlier treatment. Regretting not bringing it up sooner, Law carefully proceeded with what he was best at. He started off by disinfecting the fresher wounds, used his devil fruit to remove any infections he saw and disintegrated the tissues that were forming the scars. Using a cotton swab to finish up with a moisturising cream on dry areas, he saw hints of her first-aid skills from the injuries that were already healed. Seeing him being so careful with every movement made her heart flutter quietly, and she tried her best to not twitch at any cold or prickly sensations. He was, however, a great surgeon. He proceeded every move with confidence, knowledge and care. Moon felt her attraction growing as she took in the professional side of him. She clenched her abdomen tight to prevent herself from breathing out loud, and Law stalled his movements.