#25

Law was leaning on the bed frame with his shirt off, showing off his iconic tattoos and toned set of abs that directly reflected his strength as a fighter and a captain. His steel grey eyes hovered down onto the woman that was leaning on his shoulder affectionately, as she looked up at him with eyes that screamed fondness. His arm was wrapped around her shoulders, as he tightened the grip once he made eye contact, and smiled softly. The warm atmosphere was something that could not be replicated or bought; it was the result of their genuine love towards each other.

"Doctor-captain."

"Yeah?"

"Did you ever want children?"

"What?"

His lengthy arm twitched at that question, as she continued staring at him earnestly and waited for an answer. She sounded harmless in asking that; it did not seem to allude to anything. Hence, Law breathed out slowly, trying to picture a child in his arms. I mean, he had no opinions about children at all, and the only times he got to interact with that many children were back at Sabaody when he met her students.

"Children..." Muttering the word to himself, he thought of the words that popped up upon thinking of that particular word. Purity. Innocence. Cute. Adorable. Crying. "Why are you asking that question?" He questioned slightly nervously; he knew that some of their actions might lead to such consequences, and he gulped down his saliva as a doctor and as her lover. He was not dumb, and was taking precautions; but you could never be too sure with these things. Seeing him daze off into his own thoughts, Moon had to nudge him a little as she snuggled further into his warm chest.

"Well, I was just curious. You know I love children."

"So..."

So, are you trying to say you want one...with me? He wanted to question, but he shoved it back into his throat at the heat that creeped up his cheeks. She gave his upper body a squeeze, taking in his masculine yet clean scent.

"I guess your answer is neither no or yes."

"...Yeah."

"You'd make a great father though. Just saying."

What's up with this girl today? They were just chilling on the bed, snuggling while sharing stories about their lives before they met each other. He could not comprehend her asking such questions on the very bed that they would often spend their nights and days together, and he felt his back stiffen at the thought. A child... a child as a pirate captain sounds terribly dangerous. He shook his head slightly, catching her attention.

"Hmm? Is that a no?"

"I mean, I can't raise my child here. That's for sure. And having a child would mean you will be suffering... I don't know if I want that."

"Aww... see? You'll be such a great father. Look at yourself."

A great father. He had two father-like figures in his life, and both were perfect examples of what a loving father should be in different ways. Would my own biological parents want me to have a child? Would Corazon want me to have a child? Do I want a child? Being a child was difficult for him; he did not want that to happen to anyone. But he knew that he would not allow that to happen, so a child would probably be a blessing more than a curse in many ways. And a child that looks like her? That'd be too adorable. Seeing him suddenly smile to himself, she cocked her head to the side, her long hair tickling his arm. Law simply left a kiss on her forehead, not telling of his thoughts. She pouted at that, knowing his habits of thinking to himself and reacting, without letting her in the loop. Law extended his other arm to engulf her in a hug, and placed his chin on her head.

"Whatever you want. That's my answer. I'll do whatever you want."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Whatever makes you happy."