#17

❀✿❀✿❁

Shakky's Bar

With the sun declaring its presence in the blue skies, Law, Zoro, Luffy and Moon were grateful for the window that blocked out just enough light and heat for them. The owner of the cozy bar, Shakky, was in her cropped jacket and tight-fitting shirt that flaunted her curves, smoking a cigarette and scanning the faces in front of her with interest. Luffy was grinning brightly, waving his hand and saying the least of greetings before going straight to the fridge. The short-haired lady gave Luffy a smile before turning back to Moon, who was nervously hiding below Law's hat. Even though her face was mostly covered, Shakky could make out that she carried no ill-intent of any sorts.

"What brings you here? Surgeon of Death...and the teacher of the best orphanage in the New World?"

"You...know me?"

"I know many people. Let's just say I always like to keep an eye on the up and coming youths."

"Oh...uh, it's a long story."

Moon fidgeted slightly at Shakky's obvious charisma and confidence, as she took Law's hat off to reveal her pleasant-looking face. After placing his hat back on the owner's head, Moon ruffled her hair up quickly, straightening her posture. Shakky watched quietly, loving her polite attitude and attempt to appear more presentable. Her cheeks are absolutely adorable, the bar owner thought, putting out the cigarette and smiling at the healthy-looking figure in front of her. She radiated a different charm from Shakky herself; which she welcomed with open arms.

"Would you like to hear it?"

"Sure. Care for a drink? Or a smoke?"

"No cigarettes please. But drinks...yes, if you'll accompany me."

Managing a smile, Moon looked up at Shakky, who chuckled lightly before putting out a few cups expertly and lingered over a few bottles of alcohol with her delicate hands. She then picked out a bottle of vodka, filling their cups and adding a squeeze of lemon into each cup. Zoro was obviously smiling from ear to ear, and Law gave Moon's side view a glance. The curve from her full hair to her round forehead, to her nose was entrancing to the doctor-captain. I really have to put an end to this stupid shyness of mine and properly ask her to be exclusive with me, Law thought once again. Clinking glasses with each other, Moon told Shakky a quick summary of her story so far, as the two ladies emptied a few more shots throughout the storytelling.

The confident lady nodded along, understanding their needs and wants immediately. She then turned to Luffy, who picked up bits and pieces of her story while chomping down whatever was in the fridge.

"Luffy, you have a real talent for attracting gems in this world."

Gem? Is she referring to me? Moon blushed lightly, feeling too overwhelmed at such an attractive and established woman complimenting her so highly. Shakky lit another cigarette, placing it in her mouth and looked over at Zoro, who has gotten even more muscular over the time they haven't met each other. Her eyes then shifted to Law, who was staring at Moon most of the time. She could tell their dynamics from the moment they entered the bar in a frisk- with Luffy entering first and confidently, and Moon following shyly, sandwiched between Zoro and Law. Feeling grateful for such an entertaining story playing out in front of her, Shakky offered another shot to Moon, who was feeling gloomy at the thought of her past students.

"And... Law, your skills must have been useful."

"She did most of it. Her acting and mind control was great."

"You two are a good match. You've got skills that complement each other."

Wanting to give the two youngsters a push, Shakky commented matter-of-factly, making Law look away from the woman behind the bar. Moon nodded slowly, looking once at Law and then Zoro, who was quietly refilling his own cup.