#26

"Woah! Are you okay?"

Bepo's bead-like eyes widened the moment he saw Moon's state— red marks splashed all across her neck, shoulders and thighs, hair messy and face all flushed. She blushed hard and ran away from the Mink, regretting the decision to leave the room to get a glass of water after being with Law for more than an hour. Bepo was left to hang his head low and apologise, and Moon reentered the room to close the door behind her, giving Law a glance. He was leaning against the bed frame with his legs stretched out, beads of sweat slowly evaporating off his bare body. He looked rather lethargic but in a satisfied manner; his eyes were half-lidded, and his arms were limped on the bed. He had the appearance of someone that's just come out of the pleasant sauna, taking a breather. Law sighed a breath of relief and turned to face the woman he's let his instincts guide him to handle, admiring the masterpiece in front of him.

What a work of art you are.

"Come here."

His voice was calmer now; he gently pet the space beside him, as she went over to take a seat, leaning on his shoulder. Law wrapped his arm around her like he always did, and kissed her forehead gently. 

"You alright?"

"...Yeah."

He had many things to say, from the way he felt to the reasons behind his actions. However, he kept mum, thinking that his body has expressed enough for her to understand. On the other hand, she grabbed his torso with both her arms, digging further into his warmth.

"Law, you alright? You're the one that was so... different today."

She wanted to address his change in behaviour, but Law was too embarrassed to actually talk about it. He stared at the wall blankly, looking down to see the marks he's left on her. Feeling sightly apologetic, he rubbed her head gently, asking if she wanted him to remove the marks. Her face flushed up gradually, as she muffled her face against his chest, not allowing him to see her reddened face.

"I don't know... Maybe some of it?"

"Not all of it, huh?"

"Don't tease me like that!"

Hearing the smirk behind his voice, she kicked his foot with the most strength she could muster, but it felt like a housefly landing on his calf for Law's well-trained limbs. He simply lifted her up with both hands, getting up to place her on the soft carpet. Surprised at his actions, she stood there silently, watching him use his devil fruit powers to cast a light blue dome over them. Seeing Law basically naked, standing in front of her while using his skills, made her avoid eye contact with the captain. He continued smirking to himself, his soft voice commanding his powers to remove some of the kiss marks he's indented on her lovingly.

"There you go."

"Really?"

Rushing to the mirror, she saw some of the marks that were near her face and collarbone gone in a matter of seconds. She smiled happily, rushing back to Law and engulfing him in a hug.

"Thanks, Law. But you still haven't told me what's up with you."

"Can I get dressed first?"

"Oh, sure! Please."

Standing back like a startled cat, she shuffled backwards, making the stoic Law chuckle for a while. He pulled on a pair of jeans over his briefs, and wiped his body before buttoning a shirt swiftly. She watched in awe, combing through her own hair as well.

"By the way, Bepo already saw me like that."

"Well, I'm sure he doesn't understand such things. I'm glad it's not Shachi or Penguin."