Devious Foxes

Hey.

Happy New Year.

I am back from my well-deserved rest and Christmas/New Year break.

I appreciate your patience. Let's see if I can finish this story and Ex-Doc in 2024!

Rouge-Repair-Ship won't be some massive story like my Ex-Doc currently is. This is supposed to be a light read and training for me. So after this, a bigger Azur Lane project will most likely come.

Let's get back to it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fubuki yawned, stomping towards her door.

It was four in the morning, and someone was banging on her door; whoever it was was giving her no time to reply, let alone get dressed.

"Commander Fubuki. Open this door!"

Fubuki's tired expression faded into one of concern upon hearing the unmistakable voice of a man behind it. Why was the Shikikan banging on her door this early and with such a demanding tone?

She hesitated momentarily before unlocking and opening the door, only to face the Shikikan, who looked guilty and had two shipgirls behind him.

Akagi and Kaga

The colour drained from Fubuki's face. Fubuki knew who these two were... She had heard plenty of stories.

"Follow us, Commander... The Admiral wishes to see you." Shikikan said sternly, but something felt off to her. He was giving an order, but his whole body was tense, and his eyes looked like he was pleading for her to do something...

Kaga was staring at her blankly, but the look in her eyes made her shiver. Akagi hadn't looked at her once; she was burning a hole in the back of the Shikikan's head.

"Can I at least get dressed?" Fubuki asked, wanting an excuse to retreat into her room and call for help.

"No... Follow us now!" Shikikan said and stepped back, pointing down the hallway.

With a growing sense of dread, Fubuki was escorted from her room in nothing but her pyjamas, which thankfully covered most of her skin and a pair of slippers.

Being led by the Shikikan with his hand on her shoulder, she winced at the pressure he was applying. With a hiss of pain, she looked over her shoulder at the man, but her eyes drew to the cold smirk of Akagi over his shoulder instead.

Something was wrong... 

If the Shikikan was here for her, why would he bring Akagi and Kaga? The Admiral would have sent Eagle Union or Royal Navy girls instead. 

And why so early in the morning?

Leaving the officer's dorm and into the cold night air, Fubuki was escorted down the quiet, deserted road towards the... Fubuki knew she was not going towards the Admiral...

"Stop," Akagi spoke for the first time. The Shikikan stopped before Fubuki could register what was said, surprising her. She was almost yanked back by the painful grip of the man following Akagi's orders.

Her orders? Was Akagi controlling him?

Oh no!

The realisation set in: Fubuki was in danger...

The words of the Admiral played in her mind from a few hours before regarding Kohaku. 'A shipboy he may be, but he will always be a Kitsune first.' The memory of the Admiral says.