░▒▓▆▅▃▂▁TWO [The Meet]▁▂▃▅▆▓▒░

Y/n let out an exaggerated sigh as he slowly reached over and hit the button on the timer, watching his opponent study the board in front of them, chess was fun when you knew what you were doing but there was always that one kid who claimed to be ...

Y/n let out an exaggerated sigh as he slowly reached over and hit the button on the timer, watching his opponent study the board in front of them, chess was fun when you knew what you were doing but there was always that one kid who claimed to be a Grandmaster and yet had as much knowledge in the game as an infant but Y/n would entertain their delusion.

"You are about to lose," The boy smirked as he looked at Y/n who just rolled his eyes, the young L/n hadn't even bothered trying to remember this kid's name because it would have been a waste of energy and the boy proved his point as he moved his queen before watching Y/n close his eyes.

"Bishop takes on D7, Knight takes on D7, Queen B8 and then Knight takes on B8 followed by Rook D8, mate..." Y/n muttered as he sighed before slowly opening his eyes again, watching his opponent study the board again. "If you try to make any other move, my queen and knight will mate you quicker," He answered the boy's unasked question as he slowly moved his bishop, lifting the black rook with two fingers as he placed the bishop on D7.

"That's impossible..." The boy growled as he stared at Y/n. "You're cheating!" He accused, slamming his hands against the table as he stood up.

"Yes, I am... It's called using my brains, a term you must be unfamiliar with," Y/n muttered as he slowly moved his pieces back to their original square, setting the board up for the next players.

"This is bull!" The boy yelled as he stormed off.

"Sportsmanship at its finest," Y/m muttered as he finished setting up his pieces, one of the other students watching the game quickly stepped in to help him set up the other pieces.

"How did you do that?" The new face asked him as he set up the black pieces.

"Study," Y/n answered plainly as he stood up. "I just chose an opening, studied and analysed every line and tactic," He explained as he slid his hands into his jacket pockets and made his way out of the chess club.

Y/n knew that what he said was partially a lie, he had a gift for learning anything so it wasn't hard for him to learn something like chess tactics but he wouldn't tell anyone that because to them, he was just good, he was good at chess, his grades were good, he was a good boxer... Everything he did was 'good' because he had no reason to try to be the best... He understood that you gained nothing from being the best at anything, all you get is hate whereas people tolerated you if you were good, people assumed you gave it all you got just to be seen as good while they were better...

"Bruv!" A familiar voice called out to Y/n as Richard caught up with him, his curly locks bouncing like springs.

"I swear if you say anything..."

"Alright, calm down," Richard almost laughed as he threw his hands up in defence. "I wasn't going to say anything about that, no need to get your panties in a knot," He added with a chuckle. "What I was going to ask was if you're ready for this afternoon?" He shrugged as they walked into the parking lot again, three bikes next to each other like usual.