░▒▓▆▅▃▂▁𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫[𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞]▁▂▃▅▆▓▒░

Y/n leaned against the desk as he watched CC go through her stuff while she sat on her bed. "I really don't think you should be going to school just yet, you should rest your knee for a little longer," He muttered.

"I've rested it for long enough," CC groaned as she focused on sorting out her laces. "It's almost completely healed so I don't see the issue," She pointed out as she moved to her next shoe but in her rush, she felt a sting in the same knee she was brushing off which caused her to flinch slightly.

"My point exactly," Y/n mumbled as he moved over to the bed, kneeling before the blond and sorting her laces out for her. "There are dozens of possible ways you could reinjure your knee at school and I don't think that's a risk worth taking," He pointed out as he finished his work, looking up at CC who just sat there, watching him.

"Y/n... Careful now, it's starting to look like you're worried..." CC teased.

"Because I am," He cut the blond off, brushing the leg of her pants above her knee and grabbing the knee brace next to her. "You were already injured and I wasn't there to do anything, I guess I'm probably overthinking things but it's just..." Y/n let out a sigh as he fastened the brace over her knee.

CC felt her throat dry as she watched Y/n who seemed to study the brace, fingers tracing over the stitches. "We should probably go grab breakfast," She quickly climbed to her feet and moved out of the room.

Y/n let out another sigh as he stood up again, looking at the door for a moment before shaking his head and following the blond, making it to the kitchen and found the Walker family sitting around the table eating. "Y/n, there is a problem with your code," Wyatt spoke up as he watched the h/c-haired boy grab a bowl and pour some cereal, seemingly ignoring him. "Y/n..."

"My numbers are perfect and if there is a fault then clearly it is because of whatever they are running," Y/n cut Wyatt off as he sat down and began eating.

"Y/n, they are hardly ever wrong,"

"This is not one of those times," Y/n cut him off again. "They are wrong and need to actually pay attention to the tutorial... Do they even know how to use the software?" He asked, still not looking at Wyatt as he ate.

"You know... There is nothing wrong with admitting that you messed up once in a while," Wyatt pointed out.

"Wyatt," CC spoke up as she glared at her brother. "That's enough," She warned him, watching as Y/n casually stood up and walked over to the sink with his empty bowl.

"Damn, Y/n! Where did you put that?" Bill joked as he watched the boy wash his bowl, dry it off and put it away.

"Just rushing, I have to meet with Richard before class starts," Y/n explained as he made his way over to his helmet.

"That's right," Jess almost choked on her coffee before turning to the boy. "Y/n, we'll be there nice and early," She smiled and Bill just nodded as they looked at a confused Y/n. "Richard told us that you were playing on the team today,"

*****

Pause... If you haven't been able to tell... Richard is like a brother to me... An annoying shit but a brother nonetheless but then there are days like today where I want to throw him off a cliff...

He likes to get involved in this 'relationship' between me and the Walkers... Or me and CC to be exact, I think he needs glasses and a death certificate at the same time... Let's play a game! I call it "How many times does Richard try to play Cupid?!"

*****

"Game?" Y/n tried to act confused but Bill and Jess seemed to see right through it.