▒▓▆▅▃▂▁𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 [𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐢𝐧]▁▂▃▅▆▓▒

[Before the accident]

CC watched as the bike pulled away, watching as Y/n drove off down the road, way above the speed limit, before turning and making her way back into her home, greeted by her parents watching her with raised eyebrows. "Is everything alright?" Bill was the first to ask as he sipped his coffee.

"I have no idea," CC shook her head as she spoke, sitting down across from her parents. "Not sure what's got him in such a mood," she laughed.

"Probably just wanted to relax, he did just get back from a week-long business trip," Jess said with a shrug.

"Yeah but that's never stopped him before," CC pointed out as she looked at her phone.

"Maybe he didn't want to ruin your night," Bill suggested as he leaned against the counter but that just made CC laugh.

"Y/n? Ruin my night?" She asked as she looked at her father with an amused smile on her face. "He knows he could never do that," CC explained as she shook her head in disbelief before the phone buzzed. "I should get going," She shrugged as she stood up and grabbed her purse and slid her phone into it before making her way out the door and looking at her driveway. "I thought we spoke about this, didn't we?" She asked as she stared at the young man on his bike.

"Yeah but I thought it would be easier," Jacob shrugged as he held the second helmet up.

"I told you that I don't feel comfortable just riding on a motorbike," CC said as she eyed the two-wheeled vehicle.

"But you always come to school and whatnot on Y/n's bike?"

"That's different," CC answered as she looked at the guy in front of her with a stern glare before sighing and shaking her head. "Just this once," She warned him as she grabbed the helmet and carefully put it on.

"Here, let me help," Jacob suggested as he reached for the helmet but CC leaned back as she fiddled with the straps and tightened them. "Alright," He muttered as she slowly climbed onto the motorbike, hands gripping the bars on the side as he heard her hum, signalling that he could ride now.

Jacob and CC walked into a restaurant and Jacob smiled at the hostess. "Table for two, under Jacob Johnson," He said as he watched the red-haired who looked at the list in front of her.

"Of course, right this way," She smiled as she led the two of them to a table near one of the large windows and sat them down before handing them the menus. "A waiter will be around shortly to take your orders," She said with a nod before turning and walking off.

"I must say, I was shocked when you agreed to this," Jacob smiled as he watched CC scan over the menu, looking at him from above it for a moment before returning her eyes to the list.

"Honestly, I was shocked you even asked me out," CC said with a small smile of her own. "Especially after Y/n's birthday, even he seemed shocked... I think," She added, a little unsure about the last part.

"Y/n knows about this?" Jacob asked a little too quickly.

"Yeah, he just got back from his business trip so he stopped by," CC explained, furrowing her brows as she looked at the brunet with a confused expression. "Why?"

"Nothing, I just didn't realise he was back already," Jacob answered as he scanned over his menu.

"Hello," A new voice interrupted the two of them as he stood next to the table. "My name's Emmanuel and I will be your waiter tonight," He introduced himself with a smile as he looked at the two of them before his eyes focusing on CC with furrowed brows. "Miss Walker, wonderful to see you again," Emmanuel greeted with a bigger smile.