14

Sophie and Lindsay took Julie to Dillons room and waited for him to return. There wasn't much to do other than watch TV or play chess. The moms played chess leaving Julie to watch them or watch TV. She decided to watch go back to her room and paint.

Dillon sat wanting to be with JJ. He needed her, he knew the mate bond was mostly on his side, and would get stronger when she turned sixteen, and she could feel the pull of it. Surprisingly it seemed to work its magic on her, she was comforted by him and no one else. She was perfect in his arms and when she laid next to him she was a perfect fit. He was worried if she fell asleep while he was away, they would not know how to deal with it. He could calm her down and walk her through it. His dad was talking to him.

"Dillon what do you think of Malcom's idea?"

"I'm sorry could you repeat that. I was just thinking if JJ had one of her dreams our moms would not be able to calm her."

He could see the understanding in all the men's faces. He turned his attention to Malcom.

"I was saying since Richard asked to stay until Christmas because he is sure she is his mate and wants to take her back to his pack. We can use that to our advantage. Let them get close and maybe she can find out who the last traitor is. We will let Dillon flirt with Shelvy keeping an eye on her. Then they will have more chances to meet, and we will have scouts always following them. We know their meeting spot and we can put equipment out there so we can hear the conversation in real time, we do not have to rely on Julie. Once we confirm what their motive is other than to collect the Princess."

Dillon spoke up.

"I don't like the idea of her spending time alone with Richard. It's not safe for her. I do not want to spend time with Shelvy, to be honest it drives JJ crazy when she walks in the room let alone, me flirting and dating her. I don't like it. Sorry."

His father cleared his throat and looked over at his son.

"Make her like it. It's only for a few days she is going to be sixteen in less than a week."

"I think I should mark her so everyone knows she' mine. This is a stupid plan."

Dillion got up and walked out of the room and went to share the plan with JJ. She was not going to be happy about it. When he walked into his room JJ was on the bed watching some show. Lindsay and his mom were playing a game of chess. It was an intense game he could tell by the look on their faces. He had to wonder if Lindsay was the only one to beat his mom other than JJ. He walked over to sit on the bed next to JJ, how was he supposed to tell her that other than when they were alone in this room, they could not be together. It was going to upset her and kill him. He also needed to tell her that to keep Richard and Shelvy under watch they had each been assigned to one of them to spend their time with them. He would wait till their moms left it would give him time to figure out what to say.

It took three more hours before Lindsay won. They got up to leave but he could tell they were going to the Royal suite and plan another game. He had to admit they were both very competitive. He had never seen that side of his mother. Once they were alone, he laid next to JJ and scooted her closer to him and kissed the top of her head. Her back was to him he did not want to see her reaction to the plan. She was fine until he told her that they couldn't be together unless they were in this room or the royal suite with their parents. She was mad but understood. It was why he had to be with Shelvy for the next six days.

"Promise me you won't do anything with her?"

He put his pinky out to make a pinky promise. For something he had never heard of he sure was making a lot of them. She put up her pinky and they made their pact. He was glad she was taking it so well. Then he realized when she made her next comment, she wasn't taking it well at all.