Twenty Eight

"Are you ok?" I leaned against Tyler's back giving him a hug from behind, wrapping my arms tightly around him.

I could feel heat radiating off of him. "I just don't get it. I don't get how a mother can just not be a part of your kids life. She doesn't care and it obviously shows. But what's more frustrating is she doesn't understand why I'm so angry."

"And that's on her. If she can't understand then that's for her to realize. I'm sorry baby."

He turned around giving me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry you had to witness that. I don't want you to be around that drama."

I shook my head. "Don't apologize Tyler. I get it. I would be pissed off too if it were me. It's ok."

I rested my head on his chest and took in the sound of his heart beating feeling his chest rise and fall.

"Why don't you move in? You will be gone by the time your mom comes back. The kids will love it."

Tyler raised his eyebrows clearly not believing what I just said.

I pulled away. "I'm serious. Come live with us. I'd rather you move out now than have to wait to earn enough money. I don't want you to deal with your mom longer than you have to."

"Cassidy you don't have to..."

"No." I interrupted him. "Don't try to work your way out of this. It's ok Tyler. Really. Come move in with me. Please?"

He smiled before leaning in giving me a soft gentle kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled giving him a quick peck and making my way to the fridge.

"So do you wanna make some cupcakes? Cause I do."

He chuckled to himself. "You sure know how to lighten the mood. I feel like if I say no you'll still make them so yea sure."

I nod reaching for a mixing bowl. "Good answer."

                               ...................

I dance around the kitchen to the music and icing the last of the cupcakes.

"Hey babe do you have any sprinkles?" I yell. Tyler went upstairs while the cupcakes were baking to start packing. The goal is to get him moved out by tomorrow.

"Yea there should be some in the cabinet next to the fridge" he called out.

I grabbed some sprinkles and added them on top of the cupcakes.

"Wow you should open up your own business. They look amazing." Tyler said walking into the kitchen and wrapping his arms around me from behind.

He reached forward grabbing one and taking a bite. "They taste amazing too." he said with a mouthful.

I smile taking in his warm embrace. "Yea I've always loved baking. My mom and I used to bake together all the time. She used to help me make these recipes that I came up with as a kid. Although some of them were a little questionable."

I turn around dipping my finger in his frosting tasting it myself. "Not bad. Could've added a bit more vanilla."

I started to put the cupcakes on a tray before heading upstairs to take a shower and get ready for bed.

"Are you nervous?" I asked Tyler changing into my pajamas.

"Nervous about what?" I'm a little scared for Tyler to move in. I mean, this relationship is more than I could've asked for. I love him and I'm afraid that if we live under the same roof things might change. Moving in with someone is a big step and you never know if it's gonna work out. If we plan on having a future together we have to be ok with living with each other. What if we're not?