Chapter One: Evangeline

I parked my car in front of the Salvatore Boardinghouse and took a deep breath. I wasn't exactly sure how my brothers would respond to me turning up out of nowhere. I knew they would be happy to see me but I also knew they'd also ask questions about where I was and why I'd strayed away from them after our family was destroyed.

The truth was I just needed some time of my own to explore and figure out who I was. I was only eighteen when all hell broke loose on the Salvatore Estate. The first place I went was Italy, the land where our ancestors were originally from and then I just went wherever the wind took me until, finally, I was ready. Yes it took me over one hundred years to come back to my brothers but you had to understand, I'd seen and been through so much, I didn't want to burden them with the demons I was feeling back then. So I ran and I found myself and now, I've found my brothers in Mystic Falls, a small town that held big secrets.

I exhaled and got out of my Mustang then got the courage to go up to the door of the Salvatore place.

Before I could reach up and knock on the door, it was swung open revealing the last person I wanted to see. Katerina Petrova.

She stopped in her place looking at me with wide eyes "Who—"

I cut her off with the slap across the face she rightfully deserved throwing her off the porch and into the grass. She whimpered in pain and I just laughed at the bitch. She was still ripping my brothers apart to this day!

"Elena?!" I heard my brother Stefan yell and the air shifted before he was soon by her side helping her up. I looked at her in confusion.

"What happened?" He asked the Katerina look alike.

She looked at me with fury "She just slapped me!" she whined.

I sighed and rolled my eyes "Look, I'm sorry, I thought you were Katerina and I'm sorry again that you're the bitch's doppelganger"

Stefan snapped his head towards me and I saw so much emotion fill his eyes "Ev-Evangeline?"

I smiled at him feeling tears filling my own eyes "Hello, little brother"

Within seconds he swept me up in a much needed bear hug causing me to chuckle and squeeze him back. I missed my brothers so much these past decades. When we were younger we were inseparable. When that bitch Katerina came about things changed. At first she was my friend, my best friend. We told each other everything and we did everything together but she'd only been using me to get to my brothers. I watched them grow a strong hatred for each other and I tried with my entire being to stop it but I couldn't because I was too late, they'd both fallen for her, hard. Not only had she taken my brothers away from me but she betrayed me, she told all of my secrets and those very secrets were my end.

"I missed you so much" He muttered as I buried my face in his chest feeling my tears escaping onto his shirt "where have you been? Damon and I spent eighty years searching for you"

I pulled away and looked at him, astonished. They'd actually worked together to search for me, that only made me cry even more.

"I'm sorry" I sobbed feeling horrible for leaving them behind, "I just...I needed to get away Stef! Everything was going so bad and everyone hated me I just..."

Stefan shushed me bringing my reddened face into his grasp and wiping my tears forcing me to look into his green eyes that matched mine exactly "That's not true Evangeline, we never hated you father just—"

"Father? Wait—Stefan this is your sister?" the girl—now standing—asked him incredulously.

I rose an eyebrow and looked over at her then him as he pulled away from me and nodded "Elena, this is Damon and my sister Evangeline Salvatore"

She looked at me with wide eyes and I gave her a wry smile "Sorry about earlier I just...really hate Katherine but who doesn't?" I chuckled softly and she still just stared at me...

I knew exactly what she was thinking and I was no longer ashamed thinking about it. The boys and I shared a mother but not a father, my mother had an affair and well...the man was black. I ignored the girl's astonishment and continued "It's um...nice to meet you—Stefan, where's Damon?"

Stefan rolled his eyes and shrugged; so much for thinking they'd grown their bond back once more.

As if on cue, a fire red Camaro pulled up to the Boardinghouse with a loud revving engine causing us to all look in that direction. I felt a smile tug onto my lips as I knew exactly who it was.

The driver's door open and I spotted his dark hair immediately "DAMON!" I exclaimed before I rushed over to him with supernatural speed and he caught me in his arms giving me a look of astonishment.

"Evan?" he spoke to me softly, searching my face to see if he was really seeing what he was seeing.

I nodded tucking my lips in revealing the dimple in my right cheek as tears began swelling into my eyes "it's me Day, it's me"

He gasped and pulled me into a bone crushing hug "I've missed you so much, how could you leave me alone with our idiot brother?"

I just chuckled and hit his chest, glad he never changed.