Chapter Nine: Chicago

I believe I mentioned a double update...

~~~~~~~~

Klaus ended up having to pack more than half of my things because I nearly melted off the doorknob with my abnormally high body temperature. We both decided that if I could melt metal then I'd burn holes in my clothes and it would be better if he just did the packing.

I didn't really care until he came across Marilyn. Marilyn was one of my lace thongs, I had one for every day of the week in different colors and they were a gag gift from Anastasia for my one hundredth anniversary of being a vampire. They all had names derived from beautiful famous women in the 1900s because who wouldn't name their thong after Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn?

Anyway, the only reason I brought them with me on the trip was because I knew my brothers were going to go through my things eventually and the last thing I wanted was for them to come across my thongs. I hadn't expected Klaus coming across them either so I wasn't sure who finding my risqué underwear was worse. Probably Klaus because of the look he gave me before he put the collection into my suitcase and resumed packing for me.

Cooling myself down meant taking an ice cold shower after Klaus took all of the hot water after all, so, I was practically shivering once we were back in Klaus's car and zooming away from the motel.

"So where are we going this time?" I asked as a slightly familiar song began playing on the radio. Something about a drop in the ocean...actually that was definitely the name of the song.

I really liked it and I'd forgotten I asked Klaus a question until Klaus answered it, slapping my hand when I tried to turn up the music.

"The windy city" He mused with a smile, "A big part of your brother's past"

"Which one?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Stefan" He said with a smug look on his face, "In fact, he and I were quite good friends back in the twenties"

I shot the blonde man a doubtful look, "Oh really? Then why does he hate you so much now?"

An array of emotion went through the hybrid's eyes, "Things got complicated, he doesn't remember those days"

"Right" I muttered not having the energy to press the subject, "Well, I don't know about you but I'm getting a little homesick so...when exactly will you be returning me to the Boardinghouse?"

The Mikaelson shrugged, "If things go through smoothly in Chicago, soon enough"

I nodded and didn't speak another word, I just hoped that everything went right in the windy city so I could see my brothers again.

(~.~)

Three mindless arguments, four catnaps, two Chinese fire drills and over five hundred miles later, we pulled up to a bar named Gloria's. I remembered going here a couple of times when I was thinking about seeing my brothers but I was told I came twenty years too late. The owner, Gloria, was another witch that didn't like me very much. With my luck, she was most likely still alive.

"Have you been here before, love?" Klaus asked me as he took the key out of the ignition.

I glanced at the place and shuttered, "Remember my mentioning of witches who disliked me?"

He caught on to what I was implying and grinned, "No worries, Gloria is one of my most powerful allies and indeed my favorite witch"

Of course, I thought to myself as I got out of the car.

Klaus may have been disliked and hated by many but he was feared by almost all because of how powerful he was and on top of that, he was attractive so he most likely had allies all over the place.