Chapter Ten: Not-so-St. Stefan

Just got home, thought I'd give you guys another chapter for being so awesome :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived to an old apartment building and I couldn't help but to feel anxious for what was going to come. Were there going to be old skeletons of my brother's victims and dried blood everywhere? Was the place going to be a mess or almost too neat? I felt terrible that I wasn't there for my brother during his worst days. I might as well have stuck a dagger in him than abandoned him for over a century.

Klaus and I entered the place, and, much to my pleasure, it didn't look like a murder house but a normal one bedroom apartment. There was a feeling of presence though, and I caught three scents that I knew all too well.

"Do you feel that?" Klaus murmured with a finger raised in the air as he entered Stefan's old bed room, "Is anybody here?"

"Someone probably broke in" I muttered telling the half truth as I looked around the room.

It held the neat messiness that I knew my little brother for and I was glad about that. I was still going to kill him and Stefan for bringing Elena here.

"How is this place a memorial?" I asked, looking back to the Original.

He grinned with remembrance in his eyes, "One of your brother's victims, my favorite, was a human named Liam Grant...he made him drink his wife's blood for threatening to call the Chicago PD"

My eyebrow shot up, "Oh god, seriously? Gross, Stefan, gross"

Klaus shook his head, "Anyway, I couldn't figure out why your brother always asked for the names of his victims and then he let me in on a secret...it was like a ritual"

"He wrote them down" I uttered, eyes wide with realization.

"So he could relive them over and over again...it was quite brilliant" The hybrid was in awe but I was disgusted.

St. Stefan definitely didn't exist in the twenties.

Klaus turned around and pulled a part of the wall off causing a distinct smell to hit me hard...Elena, shit.

"Take a look" He said with a wry smile and a returned the smile with a weak one as I brushed past him only to be face to face with the doppelganger.

She looked like she was about to shit herself, if I was being honest.

I gave her a warning look as I looked at the list of names she was standing next to. There were over a hundred on there, it was quite terrible. Thank God his friend Lexi got him out of it.

"Look what I found" I announced while Elena looked at me scared and betrayed.

Instead of revealing her presence, I grabbed the first bottle of liquor I could find and showed it to the blonde man.

He looked down at the label, reading it aloud before glancing up to me with a smirk, "This happens to be my favorite...looks like I've found someone to share it with"

I gave him a small smile, "Well, there's plenty then...I've seen enough of my brother's past, we should go"

He nodded and I closed the small area Elena was in back up and followed him out with a sigh of relief.

If Elena was there by herself, then, where the hell were my brothers?

(^.^)

Klaus and I decided to check into a hotel to put our things somewhere before we went back to Gloria's where we'd hoped Rebekah would be awake and present. The place we went to was called the White Rose, it was medium sized with a homey feeling to it that I adored. Klaus, again, got a room where we would have to share a bed but this time it was king sized and there were multicolored rose petals decorated across the comforter.