Chapter Three: The Bite

The first person I spotted was Stefan who looked slightly annoyed, no doubt because of my late arrival as Elena tried to comfort him. I gave her a point for that as I took note of the lightly tanned blonde and coffee with creamer colored brunette as I approached the table. Stefan saw me and stood giving me a 'took you long enough' smile before I stood next to him facing Elena's friends.

"Caroline, Bonnie, this is my sister Evangeline Salvatore" he said gesturing to the blonde and brunette in front of me.

The blonde squealed and pulled me into a hug before I could react, I threw Stefan a wary look as I slightly hugged her back then pushed her off as nicely as possible.

"Sorry, I'm a hugger, Caroline Forbes; it's an honor to meet Stefan's younger sister!"

I almost winced at her energy and forced a smile, "Older, love, I was changed at 18"

The brunette stood up next giving me a skeptical look, "Hi, I'm Bonnie Bennett, it's nice to meet you"

As soon as I shook her hand, she got this weird look on her face—that I expected since she is a Bennett witch—before she gave me an ugly glare and snatched her hand away.

"Okay then..." I said laughing a little, "Nice to meet you t—"

"What the hell are you?" She didn't put it lightly; she actually laid the rudeness on thick.

"Bonnie!" Elena exclaimed, looking displeased and embarrassed by her best friend's rudeness.

I gave her a dismissive smile, "Its fine, I've gotten this routine with witches all over. I'm a vampire Bonnie"

She didn't look like she believed me, "No, I saw more than that, I saw what I see when I touched Klaus, too much power and a lot of death on your hands"

I sighed, "Well, my best friend is a very powerful witch and hasn't every vampire killed people? I am ashamed of what I have done without my humanity but everyone has rough patches in their past that they're ashamed of so please do not judge me. Maybe you felt the same aura as Klaus because we're both cursed to be different"

I didn't really want to play that card with her but I didn't want to tell her of my human-dragon hybrid side. My heartbeat was livelier because a slither of me was more human than most vampires. I could survive on a good enough balance of food and blood because of that.

The young witch gave me a sympathetic look, "I'm sorry I just get a little protective sometimes"

She shot a glance at Elena who looked at me sheepishly and I understood.

"You're alright, I would be protective of my friends as well due to the circumstances" I reassured her.

"Stefan told me that you went to Paris before the Eiffel Tower was built, what was that like?" Elena asked seeming to desperately want to change the topic of conversation.

I thought back to it and smiled, ah Paris.

"It was just as beautiful as it is now, the people were sociable, the food was to die for, and it still had the atmosphere of love"

"Did you fall in love with a hot Frenchman?" Caroline asked grinning.

I chuckled, "I wouldn't say I fell in love with the Frenchmen but I sure did have some fun. I won't be speaking about it because—judging by the look on my brother's face—I'd get into quite some trouble"

Stefan nodded in agreement completely unashamed and all of us girls laughed at him. Elena and her friends turned out to be very genuine and quite friendly but like most teenagers, they were set that they were right about everything. Especially Niklaus which I don't blame them because of the havoc he let loose on them.