Chapter Fourteen: With or Without You

How could Klaus have known that it was possible for him to have a strong connection with someone like Evangeline?

As he drove have to Mystic Falls, all that the blonde Hybrid could think about was the fact that he left the only other hybrid he knew (before he made his army) dead before he fled the town at the mention of his father. Klaus put had Evangeline down in her bed thinking that she was going to heal while he was gone so it astonished him to know that she was actually still dead and it was his fault.

It had occurred to him that this woman was changing him, he could feel it. He was caring for her in a way that he hadn't cared for anyone outside of his family in a long while. She was making him weaker by the minute and he couldn't fight it, he just had to take it and accept it. Even after he'd killed her, he still felt empty and affected. Part of him knew she was unaware of her brother's antics just by the way she felt hurt whenever Stefan was near. Yes, Klaus felt it too. He couldn't understand why but he did, he felt her emotions if they were strong enough.

He wasn't even sure how she was able to contact him as a ghost until he remembered her mentioning her good friend Anastasia White. Klaus had only met the witch on a few occasions and she wore her power in her eyes each time. He wasn't intimidated by her but he wasn't planning on agitating on her either. It surprised him that a witch so powerful had befriended Evangeline, seeing as she was more of an imbalance of nature than he was. Then again, he wasn't fully surprised that a person like Evangeline could turn even the most hateful to her side. For God's sake look at what she'd done to him!

In less than a month, he was moping around on his drive home to prove that his bastard of a father was finally out of his life. Something didn't feel right to him though, it felt too easy, so he had to be there to prove that his rotten father was actually ash. And if he wasn't, well, he had a plan for that too.

($.$)

The small town of Mystic Falls, Virginia looked exactly the same as it had when Klaus had left. The buildings were all the same, Mystic Grill was still there, the houses were the same, nothing had truly changed. Given, Klaus had only been gone for a week or so, not many drastic changes could happen but the town had looked the same for years and years anyway.

The first place Klaus wanted to go was the Salvatore Boardinghouse to make sure Evangeline's brother's hadn't given up hope and buried her somewhere or something of that sort. The problem was that if they were plotting something, he couldn't show up just yet so Evan would have to wait, much to his dismay. Instead, Klaus visited the home of his first successful hybrid. By then, he was sure that Tyler's friends had realized he was sired to Klaus just as the rest of his hybrids and would be keeping him out of 'the loop' but the Original Hybrid could still put the boy to good use with delivering messages for him to the Scooby Gang.

Fortunately, as Klaus arrived at the Lockwood Manor, the young hybrid himself was returning home. By then it was raining heavily and things really seemed to be on Klaus's side.

"The homecoming dance is cancelled" Tyler Lockwood said immediately upon spotting the hybrid, "But I said I'll bring it over to my house"

The Mikaelson hybrid wolfishly grinned, "Perfect, I can have a few friends over to liven the place up in a few minutes"

"Wait, why? This is just supposed to be a dance, right?" Tyler asked confused.

"No, mate, it's a wake, Mikael is gone and I must celebrate"

(^-^)

An hour and a half or so later, Tyler's mansion was crawling with unfamiliar people and an unknown band was playing. There were dancing bodies at every corner and food and drinks at every table. It looked like a great party.