Chapter Seven: Pure Loneliness

Niklaus Mikaelson

I woke up feeling a weight on my chest. Looking down, I saw a mass of brown curls sprawled out against me as her petite figure held me tight in an embrace. Her cheek was pressed against one of my pectoral muscles and her arms were wrapped around my torso while she had one leg bent lying over my lower half. My right arm was over her waist and my left hand was entwined with my right closing her body against mine.

She was sound asleep completely unaware of our positioning.

After I told her she could possibly be a threat to me, she pulled away leaving an emptiness I couldn't explain inside of me. She had resisted sleeping in the same bed until I ordered for her to stay where she was so she changed in to night clothes and went to bed lying in the opposite direction of me.

I spent some time observing her as she slept wondering how she could be such a possibly powerful creature yet so small. She had to be nearly seven inches shorter than me and she was more petite than even Rebekah yet she had the potential power of a goddess.

The small Hybrid girl piqued my interest from the day I met her and the more time I spent with her, the deeper my interest grew. Her story and mine were quite similar but hers had more of a sweeter ending seeing as I never met an entire set of people like myself, I was merely alone until my mother cursed the other side of me. She was more humane than I, seeing as she had a literal heartbeat but in some ways it made her stronger...braver.

Whoever this so called mate of hers was did not know how fortunate they would be spending eternity with the likes of—what was I saying? Was a seriously jealous of this girl's mate? She and whoever they were were a threat to me that needed to be taken care of.

What would happen if one of the two were taken out of the equation? Would the other get stronger or weaker? I needed to find that out and I needed to find this shifter.

I called one of my most powerful witches and had her dive further into the topic demanding that she will report back to me with whatever she found out. It was only then that I was able to relax, turn out the light, and sleep.

How we got into the tangled position we were currently in, I wasn't quite sure but there was a part of me that admired it. A part of me wanted to pull her closer and entangle my fingers through her brown curls and just let time slip away. But there was another part of me that was aware that I had a potential hybrid currently unconscious in the other room and knew I had a mission that I was currently on.

A phone ringing snapped me out of my thoughts and startled the supernatural phenomenon in my arms before I reached out and picked it up.

'Damon' flashed across her cell phone screen and I rolled my eyes pressing the answer button.

"Evan? Are you okay?" He spoke urgently on the other line before I could utter a word.

"Now Damon, what makes you think I'd actually allow her to have her phone?" I questioned as I watched the brown haired girl freeze, realizing who she was pressed against.

The brunette began cursing under her breath repeatedly trying to slowly pull away from me as if I wouldn't notice. I just watched, amused.

"Just let me talk to her Klaus" The Salvatore demanded and I almost laughed.

Him...demanding me?

"I suggest you watch your tone Salvatore, I wouldn't want anyone getting hurt" I growled sadistically as Evangeline lifted fully off of me with her curls now all over her face.

The girl frowned, pulling her mane out of her vision as she stared at her phone pressed against my ear, obviously listening in.

"Don't touch her you bastard!" The man yelled, apparently I hit a soft spot.