Chapter Twenty-Four: Obstruct Love

Niklaus and Kol Mikaelson bickered most of the evening that they decided to go out for drinks. Moments like those were when Evangeline began to wonder when the hell Anastasia was going to get off of her boat and keep her company. She joined in on the pointless bickering for a bit, purposely siding with Kol to make Niklaus jealous or siding with Niklaus so that Kol could accuse her of being biased but began to tire of it so she placed bets with the nice gentlemen beside her on how many times they could argue in an hour. The hybrid woman got three free drinks by the time they were interrupted by the presence of Alaric.

He didn't notice them at first; he was too busy speaking to some woman—Meredith Fell. They were flirting so Evangeline assumed it was his girlfriend or something of the sort. It wasn't long before Niklaus made their presence known, of course, because he just couldn't help himself. He loved the look that came across the human History teacher's face when he saw two hybrids and an Original vampire at his local bar.

"Don't mind us" The Original Hybrid said, "My brother, My Angel, and I are just here to let off some steam, right Kol...love?"

Evangeline's heart skipped at beat at her mate's possessive words used in public but she couldn't help but slightly resent them. Alaric gave her a look of betrayal as if they personally knew each other, even though they barely ever spoke before everything went insane with Niklaus. The part that made Evangeline uneasy was knowing that Alaric would tell her brothers of Niklaus's open claim on their sister.

"Right" Kol said, raising his glass and taking a gulp of his beverage before looking at the only Salvatore in the group.

Annoyed with the attention, Evangeline replied shortly, "Of course"

The men nodded and Alaric looked away uneasily, going back to his conversation with Meredith.

Niklaus slipped his arm around the waist of his mate and took the drink out of her hand while looking at her with concern. He knew she wasn't ready to see her brothers again and seeing the schoolteacher did nothing but remind her of their apparent hatred of her but he didn't want her to leave her alone at the mansion or even worse, with Rebekah to plot revenge.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, the mating bond made Klaus grow very attached to the woman at his side. He needed her by his side because she made him feel powerful and purposeful. He hoped he did the same for her. Sure, they had a rough start with unneeded bloodshed but Klaus liked to believe they were past that.

"We can leave, love" He said to her, looking at her gently as she stared down at the empty glass before her.

Evan looked over at her concerned mate and sighed shaking her head, "I'm fine, the last thing I want is to go back to that mansion—no offense but it suffocates me"

"Amen" Kol said behind the two hybrids but they chose to ignore him as usual.

The blonde smiled at his girl and kissed her forehead, "We can go someplace that we know your brothers won't happen to show up in, then"

Evan almost agreed but then she shook her head, "Really, it's okay Nik, I'll live if they show up. They've already made their opinions very clear so I know what to expect"

Klaus nodded but took his mate's hand anyway, "Come on, I know something that'll cheer you up"

Evangeline raised an eyebrow at his suggestion but allowed him to bring her out of the barstool. She knew what he was getting at due to their activities earlier in the day and could feel her skin already heating up at the thought of what he believed would make her 'cheer up'.

"Bloody animals" Kol grumbled into his drink as he was left alone by the two mates.

Meanwhile, Niklaus brought Evangeline outside to the parking lot. He wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her head, walking her down the rows of cars before he stopped in front of a white Kia and grinned at her pointing at the specific parking spot.