Chapter 12

"Come Angel, it's almost time for dinner. Your 2nd eldest brother would be coming too," he says.

I was a little confused. Why had he not arrived till now? I cannot wait more just to meet him. I want to go into a room and lay still. The pain is already coming back.

"Why is he so late?" I ask hesitantly, not sure if he would like my questioning. I know I am almost breaking a rule. But I couldn't control my sudden urge to ask.

William ran fingers through his hair and stayed silent for a moment as if trying to make up his words. "Angel, your brother is a surgeon. That's why he is sometimes a little late," he replies.

"So it means he is a doctor?" I hushed.

"Yes Angel, he is. Look! His office always smells like medicine. You will probably not like it.." he giggles pointing towards a room just near.

It was time for dinner now. Everybody came into the dining hall. I saw a young girl just like my age. She was wearing a black cocktail dress. Her face was very beautiful and her style was elegant. Each thing about her was perfect. Suddenly she starts coming towards me.

"Well, well, look who we have here! Alessia, right? Our long lost princess!" she laughs.

I didn't know who she was but I could recognize her voice. It was the same voice which came into the office when I was answering the questions.

"Alessia, I want you to meet your cousin-sister; Mia. She is 20 and she came here from California specially to see you," Sir Lucian says.

She extends her hand towards me. I didn't want to shake hands but I knew it was against the rules to act rude. So I just shaked hands with her quickly. It gave me shivers, as I touched someone after half a day. I know it was just half a day, but for me it felt like months if not years. After that everybody sat on their chairs. I sat too, Mia was now sitting just beside me. The chair behind her was empty. I think it was for my 2nd eldest brother. Why is he still not here?

Camilia came towards me and offered me a dish named Filet Mignon and Coq au Vin; the names which I had never heard in my life. I didn't even understand the pronunciation. And I didn't want to eat anything. I was just worried about my pain, I wanted my 2nd eldest brother to come early so that I could finally go upstairs. I took some bites from Filet Mignon and left the rest.

Mia was eating just beside me, her eating style was extremely elegant. When I was 6 years old, I also wanted to learn those fancy table manners.. I can still remember that time a bit. I had many dreams but now I cannot even remember one of them. When my mom died I was 6. I can only remember the life after that.. No behind.. No past other than that.. 

 I was lost in my thoughts when Mia's voice suddenly took me out of my trance.

"You know, it's just fascinating to see someone like you in a place like this. Don't you feel a bit out of your element?" she says quietly but loud enough for me to hear.

I just look at her, I cannot understand what that means. I think she is talking about dinner. "Um, I'm just trying to have my dinner," I said shyly.

"Dinner? You call this dinner?" She looks at my plate. "I suppose not everyone can appreciate the finer things in life," she says.

I think she didn't like that I took less to eat. "I'm just used to simpler things and I don't feel hunger at all," I replied quietly.

"Simple? That's one way to put it. I mean, look at your appearance. It's like you're from a completely different world. And you are! I can't imagine how you lived with your poor family in Canada," She says looking at the stain on my outfit.

"I guess some people are just destined for mediocrity. It's adorable, really!" she giggles.

"I... I don't mean to bother anyone," I replied to avoid more talk.

"Bother? Oh, honey, you're not bothering anyone. We're just marvelling at your, let's say, unique presence here." She laughed hysterically.

Suddenly, everybody's attention was on us. "I was asking her to eat a little bit more! She needs proper nutrition for good health." Mia says, looking at Dante and Lucian.

"Don't bother, Dear. She doesn't have a past record of listening to her elder's advice," Dante laughs. Vincint looks at him with a serious expression. Dante recognizes it and stops laughing immediately.

"Oh Brother! He is just joking with our princess," Mia whines, looking towards Vincint.

The dinner was finally over. I wanted to ask about my missing so-called brother but I didn't have the courage to. So I just sat on a sofa looking down.

Sir William came towards me "I guess you would be tired, you can go in your room if you want," he says gently. I saw Dante and Caleb laughing with Mia. Lucian was watching and listening to them happily. Sir Vincint was busy on his phone.

I nodded to Sir William and walked towards my room. Sir Vincint pointed towards Camilia while talking with someone on the phone and she came behind me. I didn't want anyone to come behind me but I had no choice. We reached the upstairs and I entered my room. 

Camilia stood between the doorway and asked me if I needed anything. I want to ask her for painkillers but what if she tells my brothers. They will then ask me why I want painkillers and I cannot lie as they told me to not lie to them. As I was thinking, a male figure came from behind. He looked at Camilia and she went immediately.

"I know the day was tiring angel, and I can understand that you are not familiar with this environment. But trust me, you will adapt soon. After All this is your home. Do you need anything at the moment? If yes you can ask me," he says.

I just look at him for a moment. I don't have a memory of someone telling me I was home. I just looked.. After a while I shook my head.

"Okay Angel, have sweet dreams. My room is just after leaving 4 rooms to the right. You can knock if you need anything during the night and you don't feel comfortable asking the servants," then he goes away smiling.

I close the door and lock it. Finally I was alone, away from people. 

.

Hey Lovelies! I hope You are enjoying it! Please follow me and give your feedback in the comments! I will be really thankful as this is my 1st book ever. 🥰💖