Chapter 16

After sometime Camila came near me and asked if I would have breakfast. I wanted to eat something, otherwise I would definitely faint In front of everyone. I was feeling nauseous again but I ignored it.

"Everyone has had their breakfast already, what will you eat miss Alessia?" Camila asked.

"I will eat something light, nothing heavy or fancy please. Maybe a fruit?"

"Okay miss, I'll bring strawberries and some fresh apple slices for you!"

I did my breakfast and felt a little energy in my body. It was a good feeling to have less pain and more energy. Although it was nothing in front of normal people, for me it was more than enough!

Caleb: "Hey Alessia, Mia is going back today. She will come back soon to meet you again. But for now there's an emergency in her family."

Mia: I will really miss you Alessia. I hope you forgave me for my intrusive thoughts being heavy on me. Regrettably, I should not have broached the topic of suggesting punishment for you last night. I feel really guilty. I'm sorry my dear sister!

Dante: it's nothing to do with you Mia, Vincint would have given her punishment no matter what. Actions have reactions. Mistakes deserve punishments! Don't feel guilty about it dear.

While observing Mia, she unexpectedly extended her hand for a handshake. Not desiring physical contact, I hesitated, contemplating my response. To my surprise, she seized my hand with determination and shook it forcefully. In the process, she applied pressure to the exact location on my wrist where the bruise lingered. A sharp intake of breath escaped me, drawing the attention of everyone present.

"What happened, sunshine?" Lucian says.

"Nothing" I reply.

"Are you sure? Alessia if there's any problem you can tell Lucian. He's your elder brother as well as a doctor" William expressed with gentle concern, directing his gaze towards me.

Doctor? He didn't tell me about it yesterday. The revelation of Lucian's medical expertise catches me by surprise. Had I been aware of this yesterday, I might have tried to seek his counsel instead of venturing into that accursed room. Oh, how I wish I had known!

I nod my head and say "there's no problem"

"Okay then, goodbye everyone! I will come back soon" Mia declares with resounding volume.

The guards graciously swing the doors open for her, accompanying her exit along with her luggage. Strolling through the garden, she casts a lingering glance back at me through the window, a sinister smirk playing upon her lips—a pure evil.

I fix my gaze upon her, then retreat from the window. The hall was now bright with sunlight. Everything was looking extra beautiful. I don't understand how they earned so much money but the details in each and everything are so well. It dawns on me that only a billionaire could possess residences adorned with such lavishness.

"Where is William?" Dante asks Caleb.

"I am not sure, He was just here a moment ago" he replies.

He then looks at me with a gentle smile. "I know last night was extremely hectic for you. But I don't understand Alessia, if you really wanted money you could have asked any of us. We told you yesterday that we would be there for you if you need any kind of help. But don't think that I consider you a bad person. Mistakes can happen by anyone. So please be careful next time sis"

"And please dont mess with the wrong people! Had we not entered that office last night, the outcome might well have been your demise," Dante adds in. After that both Dante and Caleb went outside as Caleb received a call.

.

Hello Lovelies! I hope You liked the chapter. Do you have any feedback? Please share in the comments! I hope you understand that this is a dark story. So read the author note again. Do not complain afterwards and forgive me for any mistakes as it is my 1st book and english isn't my native language. 💖💖💖