Chapter no.78 In the Shadows We Serve

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord : 
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••
Naruto dressed in a green, short-sleeved shirt, and beige shorts. He wondered for a second what to do with his pajamas but ultimately shrugged.

They were only pajamas after all.

The last three minutes he had to wait nearly drove him crazy and Naruto exhaled a relieved sigh when someone knocked on his door. The blond promptly scrambled to his hallway and opened the wooden panel. In the frame stood a single eagle-masked ANBU.

[ Name: Eagle ]
[ Real Name: REDACTED ]
[ Status: REDACTED ]
[ Title: ANBU Captain ]
[ Level: 20 ]
[ Class: Shinobi of the ( Redacted ) ]
[ Race: Human ]
[ HP: 20k / 20k ]
[ CP: 7k / 7k ]
[ AC: REDACTED ]
[ Lineage Traits: REDACTED ]
[ Class Features: REDACTED ]
[ Feats: REDACTED ]
[ Stats: REDACTED ]
[ Allies: Root ]
[ Equipment: REDACTED ]
[ Battle Power: REDACTED ]
[ Description: Eagle is the Squad Captain of the ANBU black ops division no.5. He has been tasked by REDACTED to escort Naruto Uzumaki to the Anbu base while REDACTED ]

[ Note: Eagle's level is greater than the player's. Removal of redactions is possible through engagement in combat or leveling up. ]

Naruto's curiosity piqued as he noted the unusual circumstance of being escorted by an ANBU member, despite knowing exactly where he was supposed to go.

"Was this ordered by Dragon?" he wondered internally, finding it odd since Dragon himself had given him the directions.

Even more peculiar, he realized, was that this ANBU's affiliation wasn't with Konoha—it was Root.

"What is that?" he pondered, trying to connect the dots. His thoughts raced back to the description Dragon had shared. Both Dragon and this mysterious Root seemed to be guided by some secretive, redacted authority.

"Is it Jiji?" Naruto questioned silently, his thoughts growing agitated.

Does he really think I need an escort to be punctual and responsible?

"Follow me, Uzumaki-san. Close the door and leave the keys on it. All will be taken care of," drawled the cloaked figure, its voice distinctly male despite the distortion effect.

Naruto nodded briefly, threw one last glance at a place he honestly did not know what to think about and exited the apartment before closing the door. Feelings mixed and churned in an unholy mess in his stomach.

"Bye," whispered the blond before he turned his back resolutely.

"Ready?"

"Hai, ANBU-san."

"Good, follow."

Naruto in tow, the ANBU led the blond through Konoha. The boy took a deep breath in as he followed the cloaked man. Dawn was not exactly here yet, the eastern dark night sky slowly changing to a lighter blue, the air was crisp and the streets were silent. The only signs of activity were teams of chunin and older genin patrolling the quiet city, jumping stealthily and silently from roof to roof.

The only reason Naruto even knew they were here was the fact they were the only things moving, the speedy jumps and motions catching his attention.

The blond relished in the feeling of peace. He was rarely up and out at this hour, primarily because no one in their right mind would wake up this early in the morning. He was a ninja now though and he would probably get his fair share of nightly patrol and sleep deprived night.