Chapter no.145 Jesters

Perfection — an elusive concept often pursued but rarely grasped.

For Guren, standing amidst the chaos of battle, it materialized before her eyes in a form she had never anticipated. It was the perfection of the sword, embodied by the king as he faced her deadly barrage of crystal spikes.

As hundreds of crystal spikes hurtled towards him, the king wielded the Sword of Earth with an elegance and precision that bordered on artistry.

The Sword of Earth sang a song of destruction, its blade meeting crystal with a series of harmonious clangs. In perfect harmony, the king's movements flowed from one strike to the next, his body and sword moving as one.

Each deflection, each parry by the king was executed with such precision and speed that the crystal spikes seemed to explode into dust upon contact.

For Guren, watching this spectacle unfold, it was as if time had slowed down, allowing her to witness each precise, calculated movement of the king. It was a display of swordsmanship so flawless, so utterly perfect.

As the crystal barrage ended, transforming into a cascade of glittering shards, the king's sword swung powerfully, unleashing a wave of nature energy. Guren reacted swiftly, conjuring multiple crystal walls for defense, but the energy wave sliced through them effortlessly.

In a crucial moment, roots surged from the ground, entangling the king. They sapped his chakra rapidly, forming a chakra flower that bloomed with the Kyuubi's energy. But the king, driven by sheer strength, tore the flower away and hurled it at Guren. Simultaneously, he lifted his sword, only to be met by Cat's precise Leaf Style Kenjutsu: Crescent Beheading.

But the king wasn't finished. He unleashed a combination of Water Style: Starch Syrup Capturing Field and Fire Release: Ash Cloud. The elements, usually at odds, merged into a sticky, tar-like substance. The dark tar spewed towards Cat, who attempted to leap back, but the expanse and speed of the attack were overwhelming. The tar enveloped her, rendering her immobile, trapped in its sticky grasp.

Just as the king poised to decapitate Cat, Tiger unleashed a mighty roar and charged into the fray. He engaged the king in a fierce Taijutsu battle, their fists and feet moving in a blur of combat.

Simultaneously, Dog sprang into action with the Inuzuka clan's Wolf Claw technique. She tore through the tar with ferocious intensity, freeing Cat from her sticky prison. Dog quickly administered booster and healer pills to Cat, who gasped for breath, trying to regain her composure.

"Are you alright?" Dog asked, concern evident in her voice.

"For now, yes," Cat replied, her breaths heavy but steadying.

....

Tiger launched into an onslaught of attacks using ANBU Fist Style.

His fists moved in a blur, executing a series of rapid strikes aimed at the king's vital points. Each punch and kick was delivered with full force, aiming to incapacitate or at least stagger his formidable opponent.

However, the king remained unfazed. His chakra chain armor absorbed the impact of Tiger's blows, only showing minor cracks under the relentless assault.

The king's counterattack was swift and brutal. He moved with a speed and efficiency that belied his imposing form. Each of his strikes was not only defensive but punishingly offensive. He parried Tiger's attacks with minimal effort, finding gaps in Tiger's defense with an almost supernatural precision.

In a matter of seconds, the tide turned drastically. The king's fist connected with Tiger's ribcage, the impact sending an audible crack through the air. Tiger grunted in pain but persisted, only to be met with another devastating blow to his sternum. The force of the strike sent him staggering back, gasping for air.