Chapter no.120 Hiruzen and Naruto

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord :
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••

"May I know the reason for your smile, Naruto?" The Hokage inquired in a mellow voice.

The boy shook his head. "Nothing Hokage-sama. I was just reminiscing."

"Oh? About what?"

Naruto turned toward the old man and gave him a mischievous grin. "About how I love wasabi in my sushi."

The elder Sarutobi paled and stuttered in shock. "It… It was you." The Hokage shook himself like a wet dog and pointed a finger at Naruto. "It was you!"

"I have no idea what you are talking about Hokage-sama. Shall we eat?" Naruto waved happily toward a tray of sushi that had been deposited in front of them. The Hokage shot the blond a cautious glare.

Shrugging, the blond took a pair of chopsticks and started eating the little treats of fish and rice. With a content smile, the boy hummed. "Hmm, delicious!" It was the first time he was enjoying a meal for real. For the past weeks, it had been a clone who had had the honor of leeching off the Hokage's food.

Hesitantly, the old man next to him relaxed and decided to taste the sushi. A second later, the Hokage was inhaling the content of the plate. Konoha was miles away from the nearest sea and quality sushi was thus more difficult to make.

It had only become possible thanks to Tsunade Senju selling the technology of her freezing container to a rich industry baron. It was funny how an object originally designed during a war to preserve organs and blood from deteriorating had become something of an everyday, common household appliance to keep vegetables and meat from spoiling.

Naruto's mind was absolutely not on such consideration, as the battle for the last sushi against his Hokage had started.

Five minutes later, Hiruzen had once again proven why he was an excellent ninja by winning a chopstick duel with the young blond and heartily laughing at the frown of disappointment the boy was sporting.

"You are a bit too early to steal the last sushi from me, Naruto," chuckled Hiruzen good-naturedly.

"I can see that… Jijie."

In the silence that followed Naruto's answer, all could hear the Hokage's chopsticks clatter against the ground.

"Naruto?" The old man asked hesitantly, hope piercing through the layer of caution.

The blond sighed before he looked at his surrogate grandfather, which prompted another sigh. "Could we… Talk in private, maybe?" Naruto asked, careful not to sound demanding.

"Of course, Naruto. We have some time before we need to go again." Having said that, the Hokage rose from his seat and beckoned the boy to follow him. In a matter of minutes, the old Kage and the young ninja found themselves in the Hokage's office. Hiruzen waved toward the couch and started to prepare tea.

"Do you know how to prepare tea, Naruto?" The Hokage asked suddenly in a light tone, apparently intent on making small talk.

Naruto shook his head. "Not really no." The boy shrugged. "I mean, with a teabag, I can."

The Hokage snorted slightly. "Everyone can. Come to me and watch. It could be useful for future infiltration missions."

"Hai." Naruto dutifully rose from his place on the couch and approached the little table where the old man was carefully monitoring a pot of water.