Chapter no.142 Sword of Earth

To the Inuzuka clan, fear was never a foe but a trusted ally.

In their world, where every rustle of leaves could signal danger, fear was a cherished guide. This was a lesson etched into their souls since the dawn of their existence. Guided by instinct, the Inuzuka held fear in high regard, respecting its power to protect and preserve life.

Back in the Warring States Period, when the land was torn apart by endless wars between clans, the Inuzuka clan stood apart. While other clans suffered heavy losses, the Inuzuka often returned from battle with most of their warriors intact. They owed their survival to an uncanny ability to sense the stirrings of fear and respond accordingly. Retreat was not a mark of shame for them; it was a wise decision, a means to endure and fight another day. The Inuzuka firmly believed that valor lies not in dying on the battlefield, but in living to defend what matters most.

This wisdom, born out of the fires of the Warring States period, continued to thrive within the Inuzuka clan. To them, fear was not a sign of weakness, but a testament to their strength and longevity. It was this understanding and respect for fear that had safeguarded their lineage and would continue to do so for generations to come. In the eyes of the Inuzuka, to live in harmony with fear was to embrace the true essence of survival.

.....

Dog's heart pounded in her chest like a frantic drum, echoing the terror that gripped her. She stood frozen, her eyes locked on the transformed Naruto. Her breath came in short, ragged gasps, each one a struggle against the panic that threatened to overwhelm her. Her instincts screamed at her to flee, to escape the horror before her, but she was rooted to the spot, paralyzed by fear.

In her mind, a whirlwind of thoughts clashed with raw emotion. She could feel her body trembling, her hands shaking uncontrollably as a cold sweat broke out across her forehead. The world around her seemed to narrow, focusing solely on the source of her fear. The sounds of the battlefield faded into a distant hum, all attention consumed by the daunting presence of Naruto.

As the panic attack took hold, Dog's breathing became more erratic, her chest tightening with each shallow breath. She felt lightheaded, the edges of her vision starting to blur. It was as if her own body was betraying her, succumbing to the instinctual terror that coursed through her veins.

Suddenly, she felt a firm grip on her shoulder, grounding her to the present. Tiger's voice broke through the fog of her fear, his words a lifeline in the midst of her turmoil.

"Calm yourself, Dog. Our team needs you!" he urged. His voice was steady, a stark contrast to the chaos within her.

Dog's mind latched onto Tiger's words, clinging to them as she fought to regain control. She forced herself to take a deep breath, then another, trying to steady her racing heart. Slowly, the vice-like grip of panic began to loosen. She focused on Tiger's hand on her shoulder, using it as an anchor to pull herself back from the edge of despair.

Gradually, the world came back into focus, the sounds of battle returning to her ears. Dog's breathing steadied, and the shaking in her hands subsided.

.....

Amidst the chaos of the battlefield, the king stood unfazed by the swarming insects around him.

His focus was solely on Jirobo, who lay motionless, feigning death. With precision, the king hurled the blood-formed spear towards Jirobo like a javelin. The weapon sliced through the air with such speed it was impossible to evade.

As the spear neared its target, Jirobo's cursed seal of earth activated, his body undergoing a grotesque transformation. His skin darkened to a reddish-brown hue, his muscles bulging unnaturally, and large, raised bumps emerged on his arm and face. Despite his senjutsu enhanced strength, Jirobo could not react in time. He raised his arms in a futile attempt to block, but the spear pierced through him effortlessly, nailing him to the ground.

In the blink of an eye, the king used shunshin to appear before the impaled Jirobo.

"You should've ran," The King taunted, his voice dripping with contempt.

Jirobo, struggling for breath, managed a defiant retort through blood-filled lips. "Fuck you."

Ignoring Jirobo's curse, the king swiftly performed a series of hand signs, drawing the attention of everyone on the battlefield. They watched, tense and alert, as the king placed his hand on Jirobo, directly over the cursed seal. To everyone's amazement, the seal began to break apart, its dark energy dissipating under the king's touch.

The king then withdrew one of the black katanas from his inventory. As he placed the tip of the blade on the remnants of the seal, inky snakes seemed to slither from the seal onto the katana's surface. A strange, purple glow enveloped the blade, signaling the infusion of nature energy.

Suddenly, the metal of the katana began to undergo a bizarre transformation. It melted and evaporated, leaving only the handle intact. The king, undeterred, channeled more chakra into the remaining handle. As he did so, a new blade began to form, this time composed entirely of nature energy.

[ Items ]

  - [ Name: Sword of Earth ]

    [ Description: This formidable weapon, with a handle infused with the Cursed Seal of Earth, materializes a blade of pure nature energy. ]

    [ Durability: N/A ]

    [ Stat Effects: ]

      - [ STR: +40 when equipped ]

      - [ VIT: +20, enhancing endurance ]

      - [ DEX: +15, increasing agility and reflexes ]

    [ Passive Buffs: ]

      - [ Chakra Symbiosis: Recovers 50% of max CP every minute. ]

      - [ Nature's Insight: Heightens sensory abilities, allowing for a 125% increase in environmental awareness. ]

    [ Active Buffs: ]

      - [ Terra Slash: Can expel chakra in the form of powerful slash waves, effective up to mid-range. ]

      - [ Petrification Touch: Upon contact, the blade has a 50% chance to turn the target into stone for a brief duration. ]

......

[ Status: Titan's Strength ]

[ Description: Titan's Strength is a formidable status effect that significantly augments the user's physical capabilities. It is typically activated upon wielding powerful enchanted weapons or through specific skill enhancements. This status effect dramatically increases the user's strength, making them a formidable force in combat. ]

[ Effects: ]

  - [ STR Increase: Additional +30 to the user's base Strength stat. ]

  - [ Enhanced Durability: Increases the user's physical resilience, reducing damage taken from physical attacks by 40%. ]

  - [ Impact Force: Boosts the power of physical attacks, adding a 50% increase to melee damage output. ]

  - [ Grounding: Grants stability, making the user less likely to be knocked back or destabilized by enemy attacks. ]

[ Duration: ]

  - [ Continuous while the triggering condition (like wielding a specific weapon) is maintained. ]