Chapter 26

I gasp as his fingers find my nipple through my bra, pinching the sensitive buds as if in punishment. My back arches, pulling myself out of his reach, but he's not having any of it, his hand suddenly gripping me harshly around the throat, holding me in place. His fingers tweak my nipple again, drawing a harsh moan from my mouth at the pain which swiftly turns into pleasure.

When he repeats the action, my knees buckle, his hand around my throat the only thing keeping me upright.

"Stand." The words are harsh, laced with Alpha dominance, and I feel relief tingle down my spine as I respond instinctively to the instruction. Pushing myself back into a standing position, the hand around my neck relaxes slightly and I gasp in a breath. He turns me towards him, fingers light against my skin, controlling me with barely a touch. I only catch a glimpse of his gorgeous face before he leans in to taste my mouth.

***

After that interaction with Saul, being left in the darkness of the streets of Ktukda... the thoughts whirling through my brain had quickly become unbearable.

First and foremost was the confusion about what I could possibly have done to offend Saul so much. I knew that I hadn't known Saul for very long, knew he owed me nothing. But I felt like I'd somehow managed to find and lose a friend in one day. That I hadn't been good enough for him, hadn't been worthy of being his friend.

That vision of him walking away from me, hands gripped tightly into fists, clenching and unclenching at his sides as if he was desperately trying to hold himself back, remained seared into my brain for so long after he'd walked away. So much so, that even after he'd disappeared, standing there alone, I could practically see him in the distance, that chiselled back perfectly framed by his big coat, elegant dancer-like hands still by his sides, stray curls of hair occasionally catching in the breeze. The vision was so real, I could almost imagine that I could still call out to him, call him back to apologise for my forwardness. Find out what exactly I did to offend him so much. Because I'm sure it's my fault. It's always my fault.

I stood there for so long. The confusion building within me as I went though the events of the day again and again in my head. I'd been rude, sure. I'd been direct. I'd been a bit of a bitch. But I didn't think deserved to lose a friend over it. I've lost so many people, lost most of my family for not speaking up. And now to lose a friend because I did...

***

The first kiss is soft, but then his tongue swipes against my lower lip and I open instinctively in response, allowing his tongue to invade my mouth as if he owns every inch of it. He takes his time, savouring my taste, dominating the kiss and leaving me breathless. His hand remains wrapped firmly around my throat, fingertips gently stroking the corner of my jaw as he continues his onslaught on my mouth. In response, my hands reach up to loop around his neck, holding my body up as I strain to move closer to his warmth.

His teeth nip at my lower lip in warning, reminding me of exactly who's in charge. But I ignore the warning, fingers tangling into his hair to pull him closer. In response he bites my lip properly, teeth digging into the soft flesh, and I gasp at the sting. Before I can pull back, his fingers move to grip my jaw more firmly, forcing my head to remain still as he angles my head to his own liking, claiming my mouth once again

***

So I forced myself not to think of Saul, pushed every thought of him out of my brain. But then, hidden in the back of my mind, tugging at my every thought; Alice. The overwhelming happiness and excitement, the unnerving confusion that I felt every time I thought of her. The desperate need I'd had to kiss her, staring into those beautiful eyes as I'd stood on her porch. The desire to pull her to me, to savour the taste of her lips, the feel of her body...