Chapter 28

Hello lovely readers!! I'm so so happy that you've made it this far in my book, so a huge thank you to you for sticking with my ramblings for so long. This has been a longstanding project that I've had in my drafts for a long time and I'm so happy with how it's progressing, I hope you are too! xx

If you're still loving the story, please give this chapter a vote, drop a comment or maybe hit me up with a message. You are my motivation and I'm so grateful for all of you <3 You are truly the reason I keep writing every day xoxo

On that note, let's get back to Reyna's difficult situation...

Back in my own bed, it feels like days since I last saw Saul even though it was merely a few hours. Yet it's not thoughts of Saul that fill my mind, but memories of my dominant Alpha, Isaac. His words as I had my breakdown - "a dominant personality desperately needing to relinquish that power just for a second" - run through my brain on repeat. That sentence has been playing on my mind since I left his bed in the early hours of the morning, almost erasing the embarrassment at my breakdown, but not quite succeeding. I will myself to take another deep breath and run through the events of the previous day again in another futile attempt to control my emotions.

First, I am incomprehensibly attracted to a woman. For the first time in my life. And for the second time ever, just thirty six hours ago, I was so close to kissing her. A woman.

Second, I made and lost a friend. In one day. I will down the flash of insecurity that flashes through me as I think back to the feeling I had, standing in the rain as I watched him walk away.

Third, my sadness and anger at both of those things drove me to alcohol. Which in turn drove me into the arms of the biggest Alpha I could find in that particular pub. An Alpha who just so happened to be mated.

Fourth, I was having a great time in bed with him, when my stupid brain decided to dredge up some long buried memory of Rodrigo and choose that exact moment to force me into a state of panic that I've never experienced before. Not great timing honestly.

Fifth, I was so incredibly close to having a full blown meltdown in front of a grown-ass Alpha male. And even though he surprisingly managed it like a champ, I feel so incredibly embarrassed about the whole situation. I felt like a child all over again, like a needy petulant cry baby and even now I want to cringe at myself.

Sixth, despite my mini tantrum, I proceeded to have what I can confidently say was one of the best sex flings I have ever had. True to his promise, he listened to my every response, and was dominant in a powerful, caring way I have never experienced before. The filthy words out of his mouth... lets just say that is the fastest I have ever cum when not alone. It's like having a whole new insight into the world of sex, a world in which I simply assumed I was supposed to be submissive as Rodrigo had taught me. But with him... already I've learnt that there's another way of being submissive and my toes still curl at the memories of my time in his bed. I felt safe, and respected, and to top it all off, I didn't need to stress about being marked or having to sneak out. As I said; best sex ever.

Seventh, immediately after the great sex ended I proceeded to shun him entirely by basically sprinting from his room. We'd both finished, lying completely sated side by side on his bed, panting lightly. But before he could roll over and hug me or even touch me, I leapt from the bed, knowing that I'd be unable to find it in myself to sleep next to him. Even if I'd almost come to terms with myself for fucking a mated wolf, sleeping next to one just seemed too intimate. I'd dressed in a hurry, but he'd matched my speed, repeatedly reassuring me that he understood. He then proceeded to hail a taxi for me, insisting that I shouldn't have to walk to the train station and that this was the least he could do. And instead of letting him, I'd run, yelling out a 'bye' as I'd sprinted from the room. Leaving him bewildered, and no doubt feeling used.