Chapter 42: Spider Gang

Author's pov

"Where is Miles? I thought he would be here?" Peter B. Parker said while he along with Gwen Stacy, Hobie Brown, Pavitr Prabhakar along with the rest of the Spider Gang were on Earth-42. They came several minutes ago and they tried to find Miles.

Unfortunately for them, Miles wasn't there.

This was bad for them, especially when Miles's dad, Captain Morales was going to die in two days.

Gwen took off her mask in stress, her hand went through her hair before she grunted and turned away in frustration. "Gwen, it's okay, we will find him before Miguel and the others do," Peter B. said to Gwen, with his hand on her shoulder while Mayday was playing with Spider-Ham and Spider-Noir.

She became fond of them like how she does with Hobie.

Peni and Margot went to search for Miles or any evidence he left he was there. Hobie and Pavitr were whispering to each other secretly, they knew the reason why Miles wasn't here and it was a good thing.

"I know, Peter. Believe me, I know," Gwen grunted a facepalm before she turned to Peter. She looks at him with her light blue eyes in a heartache expression. "But yet, it was my fault, Peter. My fault. And I hurt him, I hurt him so bad that he couldn't look at me in the eye. I lost him like how I lost my Peter Parker," Gwen almost cried when she mentioned her deceased best friend's name. Her Peter Parker whom she failed to save.

She couldn't believe that she almost let Miguel trap Miles to prevent him from saving his friend from a stupid cannon event.

She even was willing to let Pavitr suffer by failing to save Inspector Singh, his girlfriend's dad. She felt so stupid and ignorant to let herself believe in letting people die for the greater good.

That sounds familiar with certain Kryptonites in the DC universe.

The Injustice movie was so crazy.

"Hobie, we must tell her about Yessi and V-Man. She has a right to know and besides, Venom is not a bad person," Pavitr whispered to Hobie as Peni Parker AKA SP//dr and Margo Kess AKA Spider-Byte returned from their search.

Hobie briefly sighs and looks at Pavitr. "Pav, what about Peni? Her friend and her aunt were eaten by the venom version of her robot. If she sees Venom, she will either have a panic attack or span. And I know Venom is a good person despite he spends most of his time eating bad people and watching Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker with Tobita," Hobie whispered back briefly glancing at Peni.

He felt bad for what happened to Peni and Miguel let her fellow pilot and her aunt get eaten. He wanted to help her so badly but he couldn't because of Miguel.

He even wanted to call Yessi and Venom to use their God of Symbiote's powers to control that symbiote but he would also danger them and he knew well. He didn't want half of the Spider Society being beaten the hell up by the Queen of the Spiders and Symbiotes.

As much for his amusement of seeing his fellow Freedom Fighter kicking ass, he didn't want Yessi and Venom to be seen as monsters.

"Hobie," Pavitr puts his hand on his shoulder, making Hobie look at his best friend. "Venom will understand it. I know he will in his odd way as for Yessi, she isn't afraid of anything. We both know the canon events are lies, we must tell her," Pavitr changed from his carefree and easygoing mode to his serious and firm self.