Side Story 2: Angelic Yet Fiery Aunt

Author's pov

Two months earlier.

"You're telling me that I have a aunt?" Jisoo spoke and looked surprised along with her students, her adoptive sister, and even Beru who didn't know about it.

Jisoo found out that she has a aunt, well, angelic aunt from her paternal side.

Bellion and Igris nodded before Beru grabs Bellion by the collar and shrieks at him. "YOU TRAITOR!!! WHY YOU NEVER TOLD OUR QUEEN ABOUT THIS!? ET TU, IGRIS?!" He roars before Jisoo tells Beru to let go of Bellion.

Beru obeys his Queen but still, bitterly stares at Bellion and Igris for not telling them about it.

He understood why Ashborn, the previous Shadow Monarch didn't reveal that Jisoo was his daughter for good reasons. But Jisoo having another aunt and this time, it was from her paternal side of the Rulers, did pissed him off.

"Why you never told me about this? Especially after you, Igris found out the truth about my father?" She asked, calmly and reserved. She stared at her knight with those purple eyes, and she wonder why he haven't told her that, even Bellion too. She knew they have their reasons and secrets as well.

Igris lower his head and let out a sigh of tiredness. "When our previous liege, Father King Ashborn was still the Shadow Monarch. He shows no mercy with the Rulers, his former brethren who turned against him. But there was one who never join the fight against him when he was a Ruler. Seraphina the Burning Fragment of Brilliant Light, the youngest Ruler that was made by Absolute Being and who was very close with your father, they were brother and sister in anything than blood,"

Igris spoke with a polite yet strong voice. Deku and others were listening while Penelope felt like she knew the ending of the story wasn't going to be a happy one. "While the Rulers of Brilliant Light were species related than blood. The Father King did cared deeply for Lady Seraphina and treat her like a sister while Lady Seraphina did care for him when she found what happened to him, she nearly burn down all the Rulers for hurting him and not informing her." Bellion continued after Igris as Beru felt like he was watching a historical drama between two siblings who couldn't be together.

"She went looking for him for centuries until she found him along with Rulers after he was betrayed. Despite he didn't belong with his former kin anymore, Lady Seraphina wanted to go with him in order he wouldn't be alone. But our King... he's didn't want Seraphina to abandon their people for him. I and Bellion didn't see her as a threat, and she keep visiting him through the otherworlds. Talking with him, saying that she was in his side, and she just wanted for him to not be alone anymore. But our liege was cautiously stubborn, and he turn down her offers...If he didn't-" Igris was about to say the word, but Jisoo beat him to it.

"He didn't want to be a burden to her." She answered calmly. Igris stood still and give a simple nod. Jisoo gives an almost sorrowed expression, and she understood why Jin-Woo is like Ashborn, her biological father. They are both older brothers who don't want to be seen as burdens to their little sisters who are willing to give up everything for them.

It was too familiar. Very familiar to her and she wonder how much Seraphina had to suffer by seeing him going through the same thing Jin-Woo did.

Even though they were like brother and sister, Ashborn felt he didn't belong anymore with the Rulers while the Monarchs tried to kill him. So much loneliness for the benevolent Ruler of the Dead, Jisoo understood well why her mother made him less lonely and somewhere he could belong with.