Part 1

Amelia's POV

I hadn't realised how heavy my bags really were until I got to my destination and started pulling them out of the car's boot. Though it was summer, it was a cloudy day, and it looked like it was going to start raining any minute. I exerted all my energy into moving my things from the car to my new dorm as quickly as possible, hoping to avoid getting drenched in case it started raining.

When I was done, I threw myself onto the small bed in the corner of the room, feeling completely exhausted after the 9 hour drive. It was six in the evening, and as much as I wanted to hit the hay, I knew that I needed to start unpacking my things. Five minutes, I told myself as I got my phone out, just five minutes, then I'll start.

I opened my email to check any details for the season. I hadn't looked at my swimming schedule properly; I only knew that there was a state tournament coming up and that I had a meeting with the coach tomorrow morning. I tried to mentally note all the important details.

Practice is Monday to Friday from 11 to 4. Meet Coach Amber tomorrow at 10. State championship starts after the 26th. The captain's name is Scarlet James.

I tried to think of my sudden move as something exciting, but as I went over my schedule there was a pang in my chest. I missed home. I missed my swim team and my coach, my friends and my routine. I'd worked so hard to build the life I had in New York; never in a million years did I think that I would have to leave it all behind in the blink of an eye.

Here, not only was I an outsider, but I was the new kid starting my third year of university after transferring from New York. I felt more like an intruder than a new student. But, I was glad that I, at least, arrived in the summer before the actual semester started so that I could compete in the last few competitions left before the swimming season ended.

When the coaches at Bondside University saw my swimming records, they added me to their swim team without question or doubt. Though I was grateful to have be given the chance to do what I loved, I was anxious about joining a new team after spending two years with my old one. I'd become quite friendly with most of the members and built a strong relationship with my last team. I was worried about whether or not I'll get along with my new one.

I forced myself to get up. My five minutes were up and I looked at my luggage scattered around the room, waiting to be somewhat organised. I kept telling myself not to worry about my new team and my new classes and the fact that I don't know anything about this place. For now, I just need to just focus on my training and performance.

It was something my mother always told me: not to worry about things too much because, in the end, everything falls into place. With that, I pushed myself off the bed and made my way to the first bag to start unpacking.