Part 19

Shoutout to  @daydream_luvr ! Please go check out her work, it's available on her profile.

Warning: Language

Amelia's POV

"You did some good work, Miss, but we've got it from here," one of the emergency physicians praised before getting to work. I had been working on disinfecting Conner's nose when they burst into the tiny office.

"Yes, thank you..." the hockey coach looked at me expectantly.

"Amelia, sir, Amelia Del Fava" I told him. He bowed his head in appreciation as the both of us stepped back, giving the medics room to work.

"Thank you Amelia, for your kindness. It's good you were here when you were, or else I don't know what I would have done. Although," he paused, his expression sceptical.

"You're not permitted to be in this area. Anyone that is not part of the hockey or ice skating team isn't allowed to be on this side of the rink," he explained, though he didn't seem angry at my intrusion.

"Actually Coach, I needed to speak to you," I informed him as I fished my phone out of my pocket. "There's something you need to see." I saw his eyebrows rise, but he quietly waited for me to further explain.

"It's about what happened today at the swimming centre." Once the words left my mouth, I felt someone's eyes burn into the side of my head.

A quick glance told me that it was Conner glaring holes into me, and even though I knew it would be a bad idea, I threw him a sly smirk before turning my attention back to my phone. That's right jerk, I'm about to end your little drama, I thought.

The hockey Coach, though reluctant, accepted my phone once I had the video up and he plugged in one of the wireless earphones I offered him. The video was paused on the part where he would see Ronan and Luca walk in. Once he hit play, I turned away, not wanting to see a repeat of the violence I'd already experienced live.

I watched Ronan's coach turn up the volume, probably struggling to hear what the boys were saying over the sound of the pool's splashing water. I had quickly skipped through the whole video on my run here to make sure everything was audible and visible. The last thing I needed was to show up to save the day, only to have something that could barely be considered evidence.

I focused on my sore feet. On my way here, I had torn one of my already worn out flip flops. After the second time I slipped and almost kissed the ground, I said goodbye to them and kicked them off. It'd seemed like a good idea at the time, but I now regretted it. I needed to go all the way back home once I was done.

I sighed. And to think, I did all of this for a guy that I knew wouldn't even have the decency to say thank you, never mind appreciate any of it. At least Mason and Hunter would be grateful I did the right thing for their friend.

"How did you get this?" Ronan's coach asked abruptly, pulling my out of my thoughts. "There are no cameras in this area of the swimming centre." I cleared my throat before answering. "I'm a relatively new student here, Sir," I added in the end, nervous under his watchful gaze. "I'm here on a swimming scholarship. I was just shooting my practice and left my phone on record when this girl called me over for help, see?"

I re-winded the video to the beginning. The hockey coach watched intently, and I slowly saw understanding dawn on him as the video went on. He paused it when his hockey boys entered the frame and let out a long, heavy breath.

"Well, Ms Del Fava, you've been of help in more ways than one today." He then gave me his contact details and asked me send him the whole video as soon as I could. I bid him farewell as I left.