Chapter 36

Hagen's P.O.V

I'd been here before. Like this wasn't just déjà vu, I'd literally been right here before with my boxers glued to my skin and a brick house lying on top of me. Somehow it felt like the world had turned on its head since then while still being the exact same.

Cracking open one eye, I find the arm attached to the brick house in question draped across my chest, quite literally plastering me to the bed. I follow the arm up to its owner and there Nikola is, fast asleep in my bed as if he belonged there.

He does — Zyair purrs wistfully.

Zyair....

I'm sorry but look at how good he looks even when he's sleeping!

We're not going there Zyair — I warn, batting away the arousal that tries to rear its head. Last night had been bad enough.

Heat invades the nerves beneath my skin as I stare at Nikola's sleeping face, remembering all too easily how he'd looked the night before. Those closed grey eyes had glowed purple and sharp canines flashed as he'd held me against a tree by my neck, his grip unrelentingly cruel. I'd meant to tell him to stop because that's what you did when someone started choking you the fuck out, or that's what you were supposed to do. In my case, it felt so good— unreasonably good, and he knew it.

I'd seen Nikola aroused before, but I'd never seen him as feral as the moment he realised that I'd liked it. Fuck, I didn't even know I liked it until it was happening and then I—

I swallow, or try to, as memories of what followed push to surface quickly. My throat burns with the effort and blood rushes to my dick in response. Right, time to get the fuck out of here before I lost my mind

Mustering all the strength I can, I try to lift Nikola's arm, but the shit's heavy as lead and it doesn't budge more than an inch. With a heaving breath, I try to claw my way from under it, I even try the lever method, but I stay fixed under Nikola's hold until I realise, belatedly, that someone's watching me.

Freezing in the middle of my third attempt to bench press his arm, I dart my gaze up at the brick house itself and find steeled grey eyes focused on me.

Amusement flitters through them as Nikola's fingers brush along my skin, "Good morning, Hagen."

Fuck.

Fuck him. And fuck his morning voice. And fuck my dick for liking it.

"That is yet to be determined," I reply, purposefully ignoring the goosebumps his touch sets off from me while I shove at his arm. "Can you let me up?"

"Why?" Nikola asks innocently— curiously even.

"Uh, 'cause I want to get up."

"Why?" He repeats, and I stall a little.

"Uhhh, 'cause—" I pause on my response when I remember that I didn't have to tell him shit, "'cause I want to get up."

Nikola shifts closer as his grey eyes trail over my face, "Stay here a little longer."

The fucked part is that my body relaxes a little. Like, he asked for me to stay and my body wants to just roll over and do it, but I wasn't as easy to put down.

"What if I need to shit?" I exclaim as I watch the fucker get more comfortable. "You want me to shit the bed, Nikola!"

He wrinkles his nose a little, "Don't be crass, Hagen."

"Then let me up," I groan, pushing against the arm that was clearly being held down by magic. "I'm serious. Get this cinder block off my chest."

Nikola laughs and I want to stab the asshole, if only for the way the sound makes joy spark inside of me. I smother the feeling, focused on getting free, but what little room I gain, Nikola's magic reclaims, keeping me right where I am until I'm exhausted and spent. And I hadn't even gotten out of bed yet, wasn't that fucking ironic.