Chapter 39

SURPRISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! ITS A MOTHER FUCKING TRIPLE UPDATE!!!!!!!

WHOOP WHOOPPP!!!!!!!🎉😘

THIS CAME IN PERFECT TIME BECAUSE CONTROL JUST PASSED 2 MILLION READS 🥹

So thank you all for the love and support with this book. It is greatly appreciated

It's been a while since I updated, but that's because I've been working on this juicy number!!! I hope you all are excited and well prepared cause it's about to be a wild fucking ride!

please PLEASE PLEASEEEEEE comment as usual!! You know I live for your comments, I read every single one so please remember to comments as you go through them!

Also, some of the chapters have songs, so look out for those and if you have Spotify, here's the Control Playlist for easy access!!!!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2FLyymkHO6hqlrktsqFH9Z?si=6769ae38c74f4ffe

alright, enjoy!! And I'll see you on the other side!!

---------

Hagen's POV

Maybe it's just in my head. Paranoia, because I've gotten used to things being a certain way and I apparently freak out when they veer an inch out of line. But things had veered out of line.

For the past few weeks, Nikola came over every night without fail between seven and eight. We spoke, sometimes ate together, but he always ended up looking at my completed tasks for the day and sat with me while I made my list for the next day. Then eventually, he left.

Then last night, he'd shown up at nine instead, and he hadn't looked at my planner or even asked about my tasks. He'd gone straight to bed. He said it was because he was tired, and he did look tired, so I believed him, but something felt weird.

While our relationship was a confusing blur of... something... our bond was one I read with ease by now, and I could feel that something had shifted on Nikola's side. He didn't seem angry or upset, but he just felt a little detached? I didn't even know if that was the right word for it.

Maybe I just wasn't used to seeing the Perpetually-Functioning Nikola tired, or maybe I was scared of something shifting out of place on our third attempt at trying to make this work.

I love you Hagen, but I am getting tired of your anxiety — Zyair drawls as he starts to wake, probably 'cause of my aforementioned anxiety. He was tired. It happens.

You don't think he was mad at me? — I ask well aware that I sounded like a needy child.

I think if Nikola had a problem, he'd let you know.

That was true. I hoped. But then again, we seemed to be walking on eggshells around each other these days. In some ways, I felt closer to him than ever, and in others, I didn't think we could be further apart. Even right now, we were sharing a bed, I was still clinging to him, and I was still fretting away.

Maybe Zyair was right.

I always am.

Or maybe Nikola was truly upset by something that had nothing to do with me. Whatever it was, I could make today a little easier by doing something other than just lying here and staring at him.

Sliding out of bed as quietly as I can, I hurry to the kitchen and find... Pencil?Winston.... Buddy?— I was still workshopping the name— already up and scratching at the window as a flock of birds fly by. He was looking ten times healthier than he'd been when I'd first scooped him up, and once he realised that he was safe, he'd been a non-stop bundle of energy determined to destroy everything.