4 : A deal?

BELLA EVANS RICHARDS

"why did you agree marrying me?" he asked

I gulped as my eyes widened, my heart throbbing at a fast pace. My chest falling up and down because of my heavy and slow breathing. What is this guy doing to me?!

"I um..." I bit my lips looking down. I was trying hard to maintain my cold and confident demeanor but this man's hazel eyes, fucking aura, his hella voice, his Adam's apple moving up and down while speaking, his lips... and don't get me started on his body and his lips in particular.

As I lift my eyes to see him, his gaze had somewhat softened, lips curved into a slight smile, which soon faded when we made an eye contact. I felt my heart beating uncontrollably when I saw that well-sculptured face of his. I squinted my eyes at him and gulped, letting out a sigh, I looked down. 'I need to maintain my confident demeanor, I can't be this vulnerable in front of him. Remember, you are a strong confident, independent woman!' I thought to myself as my lips parted to speak.

"I married you solely because of my parents. I never wanted to be in any relationship which involved romance, let alone marriage...I mean, not so soon...Mr. Richards....I only married you because of my parents.." I let out a sigh as I looked up at his cold gaze, hiding an emotion that I couldn't comply. I maintained my confident and calm demeanor, even though I was freaking out inside.

"and...your family has done a lot for our family...my admission to such a prestigious university, as Stanford uni. is something that I am forever grateful for... I felt like.. your family only asked for a small thing when they have done a lot for us...and if I did not agree to it... it would've been shameful for us" I gulped as I looked at him. His gaze was like the before ones. He was just listening to me, doing nothing at all, just staring deeply into my soul. It sent shivers down my spine as his eyes lingered from my eyes to my lips, then my neck, then my body, then back to my eyes as a slight smirk forms on his lips. Was he checking me out? WAS CALVIN FUCKING RICHARDS CHECKING ME OUT?!

calm down. You're just delusional.

true. blame the books.

I snapped out of my thoughts as he cleared his throat.

"so... you married me because of your parents, right?" he said as he leaned in a bit looking at me with a cold yet soft gaze. I nodded as I looked at him with pursued lips.

"well. let me make one thing clear, Mrs. Richards." he said as he leaned back to his chair, folding his leg, looking at me with his intimidating eyes. Mrs. Richards? Help I can't breath-

Shut your mouth. Anyways-

I squinted my eyes at him.

"i don't expect anything from this marriage, and I expect you to think the same. Please don't expect anything from me, and I'm in the same condition like you. I was forced into this marriage. So.." he stopped and stared at me directly in the eye, resulting me to gulp internally.