9: Thank You.

Bella Richards

I tap my foot anxiously on the floor as I gaze on my phone from time to time

I tap my foot anxiously on the floor as I gaze on my phone from time to time. When will the text come—the thought wandered in my head. My gaze shifted to Christiana—she was working on her laptop, which reminded me of the work I have to finish. I let out a low groan and threw my head back while sitting on the chair.

A notification pinged on my phone and I hastily picked it up. A groan left my mouth, as I saw the message of a restaurant reminding me that they are having an offer on their meal today. Christiana looked up at me with narrowed eyes—indicating me to complete my work. I raise my hands in the air indicating 'okay mom, I'm working.'

After she looked away, I sulked away to my desk and lazily typed the excel sheets. Moments later I again pick up my phone and open the contact of 'ICE COLD LATTE' and I think you've realized who it is. I stared at my text which read—'thank you so much for yesterday. It helped me a lot for today:)) I hope I'd be a help in the future whenever you'd need me:))'

I pouted as I saw the 'delivered' sign on it. I came out of my daze when I heard the clearing of a throat. I looked up to see Christiana looking at me with narrowed eyes and folded arms against her chest. I smiled nervously looking at her serious face—well because I wasn't working and looking at my phone. This was something I used to do, but now she is doing that. Huh!

"I sent you the document you asked me to prepare, thirty minutes ago. It's still not checked." she spoke in a stern tone which made me gulp.

'Am I her boss, or is she mine?' I thought in my mind.

"I was......I was actually--haha!" I chuckled in nervousness as I hastily tapped on my keyboard and opened the document she had sent me to review.

I heaved a sigh and sat on the chair in front of the desk.

"What're you tensed about? I saw you pouting like a kid."

Her voice made me look up with my big doe eye, innocently (I'm not innocent, I'm pretending to be, because it will melt her like ice cream).

"He didn't respond." I pressed my lips together.

"He may be busy." she shrugs. "Lia did say that he had something important to deal with."

She spoke, reminding me about the conversation I had with Lia in the morning. My mind drifted to the incident that changed them. I really wanted to know about it—what had made him hate love; what had made him cold; the reason he wanted to distance himself.

But can I ask him myself? No. No fucking way in any duckling flapping flopping universe.

Lia stated that it disturbs him to speak about it—so there's no way he's opening up to me, considering we're not close.

Not even a bit.

" Where're you lost?" Christiana's voice snapped me out of it and I looked at her, batting my lashes.