6 : Strange.

"Not to be dramatic, but I wanna die"
~Smoking out the window, Bruno Mars

B E L L A E V A N S R I C H A R D S

My fingers land on my temples as my thighs bounce up and down from frustration. I slowly massage it as I heave a sigh and then cross my leg over the other. "what is even done?" I ask in a soft yet irritated tone. Christiana, who was standing beside me looked at all the team members of team 1, team 2, and team 3 of our product development team, all of them with their heads down in shame. She heaved a sigh as she spoke, "the introduction of the repo-"

"I didn't ask you Mrs Roselle, I asked the team" I butt in as I spoke in a harsh yet soft tone. Christiana nodded at my words and looked forward to a gulp. She knows very well I'm in a very bad mood and yes I was going to lash out on them, very soon.

I sat back up on the chair and looked at all of them, "how much is done?" I spoke in a stern tone. In response, all of them continued looking down and nobody volunteered to speak. My jaw stiffened and I spoke again, slightly slamming my hands on the table. "I asked y'all something"

They flinched at my actions but remained silent. Sweat dropping from their faces as they anxiously fiddled with whatever they had in their hands, or maybe their fingers. You're scaring them.

How do you expect your boss to react like when none of the work is completed when I gave you 3 fucking months, with facts and every info they needed to complete the report for product review?

right..

I exhaled a deep breath and spoke, "if none of you respond right now, I'll be giving special recommendations for resignations to the CEO" my voice was stern as I looked at all of them with a threatening glare. "I'll give you all 15 mins." I said and stormed off from there, with Christiana following me from behind, her tab pressed against her chest.

"coffee break" I muttered as soon as Christiana caught up with me. She gave me a smile and nodded. We entered the empty elevator and after pressing the buttons to the ground floor. After a few moments, she spoke, "you seem in a bad mood" her voice came out in a monotone.

I nod at response. "obviously." my voice came out breathy as I heaved a sigh. "you saw how silent they were? and didn't say a word when I asked a question? I don't understand the deal with them. First, we gave them all the facts and necessary information, with 3 whole months for them to work on it. Their only work is to prepare a damn presentation! A damn slideshow in Microsoft Presentation! Now, the meeting is in 3 days, no work is done, and who will suffer? me of course" I said in an irritated tone and leaned on the cold silver walls of the elevator, sending little shivers to my bare nape. I exhaled a breath and my hands rose up to rest upon my temples as I massage them.