ꜰᴀɪʟᴇᴅ ʀᴇꜱᴄᴜᴇ

"Help! Get us out!"

"Help! Get us out!"

"Okay, stay calm. I will help." I smiled, flying above the building and created a slide and gestured for the scientists to use it. "You'll be fine."

An explosion goes off behind them and the force of it pushes the two out the window while I turned the slide into a baseball glove and caught them with ease. Kid Flash zooms onto the scene, running up the wall but he's not fast enough to get there, causing him to slip and fall into the glove as well.

"Really, Kid Flash?" I smirked.

"Not all of us can fly!" He defended, helping the scientists get off and I elevated him back to the building only to see Robin typing away on a computer. "How did you get up here so quickly!?"

"I have my ways... Besides we're here to investigate." He smirked.

The clang of the doors meets draws the attention of the other two. Bringing them right behind Aqualad.

"There was something in the-"

"Elevators should be locked down." Kid Flash says, standing straight.

Robin grabs his elbow and shoulder before moving past him without a word, then slipping right of Aqualad and I. Coming to the area of the elevator, looking at it with scrutiny.

"This is wrong." He pulls up a HoloScreen on his gauntlet. "This is a high-speed express elevator. It doesn't belong in a two-story building."

"Neither does what I saw." Aqualad states gravely, before trying to force the doors open but couldn't. "Red Lantern, can you-"

"On it." I said and pried the doors open without using my ring, leaving all of them shocked. "It's not that hard..."

Robin ducks under his arm, kneeling down to try and get a better look.

"And that's why they need an express elevator." Then he stands, shooting his grappling hook into the top of the column. Once it sticks, he jumps, letting himself fall. Aqualad and Kid Flash follow with almost no hesitance while I flew down next to Robin.

Once we were in the sub-level 25, Robin's rope ended and he swung to the ledge.

"Bypassing security." he waits as his five little robin heads go from red to green. "There. Go."

I pried open the doors and we all walked out, only for Kid Flash to speed away.

"Kid, wait!" Aqualad tries, but the speedster doesn't stop. The sounds of heavy footsteps in the hallway that cuts across the one he's running in forces him to skid.

However, he can't stop in time, falling into the hallway as massive creatures that walk on all fours but stand nearly as tall as the hallway walk down in two rows. He barely dodges the hand of the leader. Breathing a sigh of relief, then standing and running back across where we were.