ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

a/n: in honor of Hal's birthday, enjoy the last part of the flashback chapters in which he's becoming the absolute DILF he was destined to be (and a mention of Carol too because i adore her and she needs more love)

"So, your Ring won't allow you to hurt yourself?"

"Would take an insane amount of willpower to do so. I've only done it once and I was unconscious for like a week." I shrugged, flying next to Zaria as we circled around Earth's orbit before I took her home. "Remember that willpower can overcome any emotion on the spectrum, even rage if you have enough will."

"So, and this is a theory, if I somehow develop enough willpower-"

"You might will yourself to repel your Ring. But remember that your Ring is your lifeline, so it might come with a risk."

"But isn't that what we've been working on? Using will to overcome my rage?" Zaria asked and I sighed.

"What we're working on is in controlling your rage with other emotions on the spectrum. Willpower is easier because it's literally what I represent on the spectrum, but we've been working on the other ones as well." I explained and she frowned slightly. "You've been doing great, Zar. You've don't what no other Red Lantern has done and I'm so very proud of you for that."

"You're... proud?"

"I am, kid. We're family after all."

"Family?" Zaria widened her eyes and flew up to hug me tight. "You are my family?"

"I'll be your family if that's what you want, Zar." I smiled and she nodded frantically. "Alright, then I guess I'm your family now."

"Then I'm your family as well."

"That you are, little Red... Now, come on. I'm test flying a jet in Gotham and it's 'bring your kid to work day' because I say so."

"Gotham?"

"Yeah! And I'll even let you fight the crazies before we go to your new home. Heard there's a clown and everything!"

"Can't wait."

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*