ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

a/n: hope this makes up for my two month absence 🫡

"Huh... so that's why Kilowog's so tough."

"Makes your training seem like a cakewalk, huh?"

"We're stopping the Sun from destroying the universe as part of my training. How is that a cakewalk?" I rolled my eyes and Hal grinned. "Did I shift back to normal?"

"As normal as you're gonna get for now. Horns went down, but your hair's still burning." He shrugged as we went inside one of the stations close to the Sun. "Zar's super charged. Hopefully we won't need it."

"Just in time too. We lost another Lantern." John said.

"So we just stay here until he shows?"

"We're coming up with a plan, Zaria."

"So we're doing nothing." I pointed out and rolled my eyes.

"Stop acting on instincts and use your brain, Red." Hal warned and I scoffed.

"One, I'm a warrior. I'm trained to act on instinct. Two, you have no room to talk when you don't even use your single brain cell most of the time."

"Thanks for the motivation, Zaria."

"You need to be brought down to size once in a while. I'm just happy to be the one to do it." I grinned, grabbing his hand and flew out of the station to patrol around the Sun. "How long have we been far from home?"

"I honestly have no clue. We could go back and have flying cars all over."

"Funny."

"I know, I'm hilarious."

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"Zar, heads up!"

"What the-" I was cut off by Hal pushing me away just as a black beam was headed my way.

"Always watch your six, Little Red." He teased and I nodded. "You alright? This isn't like the little missions you do with your friends. One wrong move and you're dead."

"What was that?"

"Antimatter creatures. Think of them as Krona's little henchdemons."

"And that's the thing that killed-"

"Yep."

"Damn... I've got my work cut out for me here, don't I?"

"You'll be fine." Hal assured and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You've got to stop doubting your potential and stop holding back. Remember that you're stronger than you've ever imagined."