ʜɪꜱ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ

a/n: pt 2 of the flashback chapters.

"Kilowog, stop drilling her

"Kilowog, stop drilling her. When I asked you to come with us to Ysmault, I didn't expect you to interrogate her all the way."

"She's not saying anything."

"Because she's a kid and she's scared!" I defended, pushing Kilowog away and sat on the floor by the table Zaria was hiding under. "Hey, little Red. Whatcha doing under the table?"

"Tamaraneans are bred to be soldiers from birth, despite being a peaceful race. Zaria is no different." Kilowog pointed out and I rolled my eyes, holding out a hand for Zar.

"Doesn't take away from the fact that she's a kid... I've seen what war does to young adults. I can't imagine what it would be like for a kid her age."

"The Green Lantern of our sector was murdered trying to protect me." Zaria mumbled, crawling out from under the table. "I was not supposed to be involved in the war... I was not properly trained. But so many of my people have died, I did not have a choice."

"Zaria, you don't have to explain. It's perfectly-"

"I hoped for a moment that the Ring would choose me. It's a great honor for a Tamaranean to become a Green Lantern since we've only had two... but the wrong Ring chose me. Which means I am now a disgrace to my people... but I was so angry and confused! I didn't-"

"Hey, it's not your fault." Kilowog sighed and sat across from me when Zaria crawled into my lap. "We'll get the answers to help you. But you've done the one thing no Red has been able to do and that's a win in my book."

"What?"

"You still haven't let the Ring control you."

"Should I?"

"No!" We both yelled and Zaria flinched.

"We'll go to Ysmault and get all the answers we need to help you, little Red. In the meantime, you should rest. You had a very long day." I sighed and stood up with her in my arms. "I'll take first watch. You should get some shuteye as well, Kilowog."

Leaving the room, I turned to the barracks in the back and gently set down Zaria on one of the beds but she immediately grabbed my arm.

"Would... would you stay with me? I'm scared of my Ring." She pleaded and I nodded, moving to lay next to her. "Do you think I'll be able to keep control of my Ring when we arrive at Ysmault?"

"Kid, I have a feeling you're gonna do things you'd never imagine."

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"Oh, this place is-"

"Terrifying." I finished and Kilowog nodded.

"It's calling me." Zaria whispered, leaving the ship and stood in between us. "He's calling me."

"Who's calling you, little Red?" I asked and she pointed at the destroyed castle on top of a mountain. "Oh... because that's not creepy at all."