ᴛᴇᴀᴍᴡᴏʀᴋ

"Red! Red, wake up!"

"W-what-"

"Quit staring. You're creeping me out." Kid Flash said to Superboy as I fully woke up, wincing whenever I moved my neck.

"Uh, KF, how about we not tick off the guy who can fry us with a look?" Robin suggests to the seriously freaked out speedster.

"He can't fry you... but I can fry him once I'm free of these restraints!" I yelled and smirked when Superboy took a step back.

"We only sought to help you." Aqualad tries to tell the clone, calmly.

"Yeah. We free you, and you turn on us." Kid Flash pipes up, clearly still annoyed at the minimum. "How's that for grat-"

"Kid, please, be quiet now." Aqualad firmly says to the younger teen. "I believe our friend was not in full control of his actions."

"Wha- what if I..." he trails with an annoyed huff, his voice never been used so his words don't come out quite right and his tone is slightly scratchy. "What if I wasn't?"

"Oh, he talks. Perfect." I rolled my eyes and leaned back against my pod.

"The Genomorph taught you telepathically." Aqualad realizes.

"They taught me much." Superboy admits. "I can read, write. I- I know the names of things."

"But have you seen them? Have they actually let you see the sky? Or the Sun?" Robin asks.

"Images are implanted in my mind," he admits, then looks down as if ashamed, "but no. I have not seen them."

"Do you know who, or what, you are? Why they created you?" I called out.

"I am the Superboy, a Genomorph, a clone made from the DNA of the Superman, created to replace him should he perish... to destroy him should he turn from the Light."

"To be like Superman is a worthy aspiration, but, like Superman, you deserve a life of your own beyond that solar suit, beyond your pod, beyond Cadmus." Aqualad tries to approach it calmly.

"I live because of Cadmus! It is my home!"

"Your home is a test tube." Robin says rather simply. "We can show you the Sun."

"Pretty sure it's after midnight, but we can show you the Moon!" Kid Flash offered and I turned to him with a deadpan expression. "What!?"

"We can show you, introduce you to Superman." Aqualad agrees with the speedster.

"No, they can't." One scientist called out and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Activate the cloning process."

"You don't want to clone me if you value your life. If I have trouble controlling my rage sometimes, imagine what a whole army of me is capable of." I smirked. "Cadmus will burn before the League even gets here."