V

MIKAYLA

. . .

"What are you doing here?" He asks me, eyes running around as if checking for any threat. As soon as his neck turns, my eyes catch the sight of a beauty spot under the end of his jaw.

Treacherous eyes.

"My wish," I grumble and walk past him, trying to avoid the cold air surrounding me that tortures me.

I shouldn't have left my bag inside. It is about sundown, unlike when I came out and the sky was brighter than normal days.

He follows me, catching my side and speed. I'm practically running, taking long strides even if my lungs decide to answer me soon. I just want to get away from him.

"Of course, but I was just worried about you," he says, the words that scratch my mind, wishing to make a hole and dwell there forever.

Well, I don't care.

I don't answer him as we enter the building. Warmth envelopes me. We find our family members and I get my bag, taking out my jacket and clasping the first three buttons.

Fortunately, they have done their shopping and I mentally bless my fate to know I can finally take a leave.

We decided to leave, carrying our bags. There are so many and for the first time, shopping doesn't give me happiness. With a blank face, I did everything. I'm sure Mama must have noticed it.

But does she care?

They walk away, looking still very energetic while I walk like a turtle behind them, carrying the bags. Unfortunately, Blondie is following me. Can't he just walk away?

"Let me hold them," he asks another time. Come on, nobody is watching us, so why this drama?

"First take care of your hand," I mutter, glancing at his hand which isn't fully covered. He has covered only the part where I bit, and I have noticed it four times already. He wants to hide it.

Well, do it. Who cares?

I see them getting down in an escalator. They chat and laugh over silly things. I reached the top around when they walked away, this is how slow I walked!

Blondie stands one stair up but then steps down to stand with me.

"Stay away," I mutter, glaring at his side face. He is typing something on his phone.

"I haven't even touched you," he mutters back, putting back his phone in the pocket of his jeans.

"You think I'll trust you for—ah!"

My heart leaped inside my chest when the escalator suddenly stopped and I nearly fell because of being unable to hold the rail but he saved me.

Oh, my goodness!

I swallow, my eyes lowering themselves to cast a glance at his arm that holds me by my waist. His fingers nearly squeeze my waist while his breath falls on my cheek.

"Are you okay?" He asks, getting all my attention back.

Our eyes meet and the stupid heart in my chest is doing ba-dum, ba-dum, lalala. What the hell! Suddenly why baharo phool barsao, mera mehboob aya hai did start happening?

I swallow, leaning back to let him know that he can leave me. "I am," I say, looking away and mentally cursing the dumb creature who pressed the emergency stop button.

As soon as we are taken down, I hurriedly make my way out, taking long strides. Blondie effortlessly matches my speed. After all, he is tall.

Even before I reach the car, he pulls open the door, being too gentle with me. Well, it is only I who have seen his dominant and shameless side, too.