Raphael & Julia

Collage is given above for the idea. Their ceremony dresses and high school jawani wali faces.

Long chapter ahead. Please, leave a LOT of comments!

. . .

JULIA

. . .

"It's not working, ma'am."

I huff, twisting my bottom lip between my teeth. Why did it have to happen at this hour?

"We're sorry, ma'am. We can—"

I shake my head, stepping away. I quickly grab my bag and write on my notepad, showing it to the driver. He reads it with narrowed eyes and then nods his head.

He walks inside, gesturing for me to follow him. I push a strand of my hair behind my ear and follow him. With quick steps, I match his speed. He shows me Mikayla's scooty and I'm glad to find it clean.

They keep it clean.

He gives me the keys, saying, "Please, be careful!"

Come on, I know how to drive! I won't ruin her scooty.

Smiling at him, I nod my head and drive away. It is so awkward to drive while I'm wearing a traditional dress. Though it's not very heavy, it still has given me much attention as everybody around me steals a glance at me.

Only if I'd have left with everyone but I wasn't ready on time, giving my time solely to Mikayla's makeup.

However, she is the most beautiful bride I've ever seen. I don't regret my time giving to her.

I stop the scooty when I find a red light flashing upon the pole. I wait for the jam to break when on the next turn, I find someone known to me.

Raphael Levi.

People can call it a coincidence but I don't believe in them. For me, everything happens for a purpose. People who believe in God should not believe in words like 'coincidence' at all.

So sending him into my life is the purpose of the Almighty then?

I wonder in my head, silently gazing at him.

"Hey! Got you at the right time! I need a ride. You see my car isn't working all of a sudden. Mind tagging me along?"

I run my eyes behind him. My eyes scan his expensive car. Can't believe this model stopped working all of a sudden in the middle of the road. Or is he messing around?

I can't forget he's a playboy. Long gone is cute and fat Rufus who used to hover around people. Now he's a completely different man. I couldn't recognize him at our first meeting.

Oh, it was an embarrassing moment. I caught him making out with a girl against the shelf of the city library.

I swallow, immediately shaking off the vulgar image. I regret visiting the library that day.

Sure. I shrug my shoulders, pointing towards the backseat.

"Thank you!" He grins, eyes twinkling under the sun's glow. He has beautiful eyes but they don't hold innocence as they used to.

Today is beautiful though. First, because it's my friend's wedding day and second because the sun is glowing sweetly in the sky. But still, I've to wear a jacket.

He sits behind me and holds my shoulders. Not going to lie, his hands feel heavy even though he applies no pressure. Can't forget he's so fit and fine.