last friday night (t.g.i.f)

❝ last friday night

yeah, we danced on tabletops

and we took too many shots ❞

‒ katy perry, ' last friday night (t.g.i.f) '

winter pov

Winter wasn't sure if it was the music that was pounding, or her head.

Her cranium felt wobbly on her neck, like it was too heavy to hold and her neck would snap any minute. She felt god-awful, the disgusting taste of beer lingering in the back of her throat and hundreds of people around her.

Wait. Hundreds? Or was she seeing double? Oh, crap.

She stumbled around blindly, arms out. It felt like a band was making horribly dissonant noises right next to her battered ears, and someone had dropped an anvil on both sides of her brain. The music just made it worse.

Ugh. Where is Ning?

The blond was nowhere in sight. Even if she was, it wouldn't really matter much. Winter couldn't see to save her life right now.

So, she reverted to the next best option. The other girl hadn't yet discovered silent mode, as evidenced from the several detentions she got from her loud ringtone blaring in the middle of bio, so Winter decided she'd text her.

She opened her phone and clicked around for a bit before settling on a number that looked reasonably enough like Ningning's, firing off a quick text.

[ 1:53 AM ]

winwin

girl where tf are you

winwin

my head hurts so bad

winwin

im literally never drinking again

winwin

im smelling colors

winwin

IF YOURE WITH GI I WILL KILL YOU.

A few moments later, she got a reply.

Unknown Number

Sorry, wrong number!

Oh.

Ohhhhhh.

Winter's eyes shot open and she stared in shock at the screen, glowing innocently back at her, the other person's text illuminated in gray.

She had just messaged a random number while drunk.

Fumbling desparately, she tried to find the source, and it came back to her quickly: her AP Lit group chat.