choices

❝ i make my choices

本当に欲しいものは ❞

‒ le sserafim, ' choices '

karina pov

Heeseung laughed at his phone as they walked, one hand in Karina's and the other holding his screen up to his face.

"What?"

Heeseung didn't answer, so Karina took out her phone also and ignored him in lieu of asking again. She wasn't going to chase after him. She'd talked loudly.

Then, he replied. "Just something Yeonjun said. Why are you ignoring me?"

Karina instantly frowned. Oh, so I'm ignoring you? How the tables have turned. "You didn't reply, so I-"

"Sheesh, Rina, wait a bit. I'm texting right now."

"Then use both hands," she snapped, pulling her hand from his and quickening her pace.

"Rina, don't be like that," he whined, but she ignored him. Heeseung was so childish sometimes. "Can you slow down?"

"Walk faster."

Heeseung went quiet, then spoke again in a ruder tone. "I asked you to slow down, Karina, so slow the hell down."

"I asked you to walk faster, Heeseung. So leave me the hell alone." Karina sped up, darting ahead to reach her car.

She wasn't taking this crap from him, not now.

Suddenly, a hand snatched her phone from her hand, and Karina spun to reveal her boyfriend furiously scrolling upward.

"You're cheating on me?!"

"Excuse me?!" Karina pinned him with a livid glare. "Are you okay in the head? What the hell do you think you mean?"

"This!"

Heeseung held up her phone, and Karina's heart knew what he was going to say before he did.

"Who's Mindungie? Why do they keep texting you? Is this flirting? When were you gonna tell me about this?"

"Tell you!?" Karina was yelling now. "Tell you what? That I'm tutoring some kid in my AP Lit class, and they actually have the balls to be nice to me instead of treating me like some shiny thing you show off to this whole school?! You know what, Heeseung? I'm done. You're not even in college and you're already a complete and total prick. I pity the next person who has to deal with you, if there even will be any." She snatched her phone from him, threw open her car door, and hit the gas, ignoring his yells.

Once she finally slowed down, she blocked Heeseung on all platforms, deleted all of her posts of him, and updated her relationship status. Had to keep up with the social community. Obviously.

But one thing made her feel funny- how insanely, sickly, wrongly right it'd felt when Heeseung talked about her and Min like they were a couple.

For all Karina knew, Min could be anyone in her class.

But one person could be Min.

Winter Kim, who had seemed to understand the Victorian era version of Karina better than Karina even understood herself.

Could Winter be the one Karina was starting to fall for?

a/n: sorry its short haha, more to come soon, promise! apologies also for not updating, i've been a little bit bogged down with a bit of extra studying. i promise to update as soon as possible tho and thanks for reading!!