killin' me good

❝ on air, could i be floatin'?

with all these wild emotions

still holding onto every heartbeat ❞

‒ jihyo, ' killin' me good '

karina pov

When Karina had seen Winter, right there, by the car, she had nearly rammed into the car in front of her.

She was amazed, to say the least.

Winter looked... really good.

Like really good.

Red hair, brown sweater, jeans. She looked very cute, but also very attractive at the same time, and it was a mix Karina's heart was barely handling.

Sure, she'd broken up with Heeseung a week ago, but she could at least appreciate a pretty girl, right?

(Winter was so beyond pretty Karina wasn't sure why she was still deluding herself.)

One thing was clear, though; Karina had completely and utterly fallen head over heels for Winter Kim, aka Mindungie. Winter's blushing and soft-spoken tendencies during the runtime of their little date only served to further Karina's already intense attraction to the girl, and although Karina knew it was a little strange, at least she wasn't being catfished.

Actually, she was in a sense. She thought Min was a normal girl, but she turned out to be the cutest and also hottest girl she'd ever seen in her entire life.

How didn't she notice Winter before? Maybe because the girl always kept her head down, and Karina had always been too focused on herself.

Karina didn't even worry about Winter not understanding her like Min did; the two had already proved to be one and the same, until Winter asked about Karina's Korean name.

The two girls stared into each other's eyes as Karina watched the puzzle pieces clicking in Winter's beautiful eyes.

"You're... Yooji?"

"Yeah," Karina smiled awkwardly, nodding. "Sorry you had to find out like this."

Winter blushed again, but this time more intensely, the red spreading down her neck and onto her cheeks too. "Uh- you're- not what I expected-"

Karina tried not to feel disappointment, but it was gone at what Winter said next.

"-but I'm definitely not complaining."

Karina watched the girl adorably assume an expression that was basically akin to a facepalm, like why did I say that? It was okay, since Karina felt the exact same.

"You're not, huh?"

Winter blushed even worse at the tease. "I- um. I guess what I meant was I always thought you were, you know, the popular cheerleader girl who never spared a thought on someone like me."

Karina smiled softly. "I was before, but I guess talking to you gave me an outlet, someone to talk to when everyone around me got girlfriends and boyfriends and moved on with their lives."

"An eye of the hurricane," Winter added quietly. "You were like that for me too."

"Hurricane?" Karina inquired. Then she quickly realized her misstep. "Oh, I'm sorry, you don't have to-"

"No, it's okay," Winter interrupted, fiddling with her hands, smiling nervously. "I- It's just one of my friends. She's been having a hard time lately, and although I'm giving her time, it's a little hard, and you've really helped."