darl+ing

❝ friends see my feed and worry, do you babe? yeah

been waiting for your call every night

but i can't wait no more

dialing you, ooh

sorry, darling you ❞

‒ seventeen, ' darl+ing '

winter pov

Winter had seen everything- Karina's posts, her messages.

Her hidden ones, too.

Karina's in love with me.

Winter could barely process it.

Ningning was freaking out also, as Aeri had commented "guess we both messed up," which could either mean Aeri and Somi or Aeri and her.

However, she and Karina hadn't gotten to actually talk yet.

It was a Friday, and the day had just ended. Winter was walking into the garage when-

"Oh, look, it's delusion-is-the-solution," some voice snickered, and Winter had to cringe at the insult, but then panic set in as she realized there were at least five teenage boys behind her.

"Thinking she can get my girl."

Dammit, it's Heeseung.

Winter just walked faster, trying to outwalk them, then remembering that of course Ning chose today to go home with Chenle.

"Slow down," one laughed, and then they were breaking into a run after her as she dodged between cars.

However, she almost ran into a car as it pulled from its spot and she lurched back, gasping in surprise. So, one can imagine the shock she felt when the window was rolled down and the driver called, "Get in!"

Winter's frenzied mind justified the situation with these three factors:

1. It was a high school parking lot. Students and teachers only.

2. The voice sounded relatively young. A student or just a young teacher.

3. The driver was clearly nice enough to save her, so why not?

Only once she was in the car did the sinking feeling dawn.

"Are you okay?"

Brown eyes.

Wavy brown hair.

A face gorgeous enough to rival a top model.

"Yooji," Winter murmured in surprise, and a smile like sunrise broke across Karina's face.

"Hey," she said, and then parked the car at the edge of the lot.

"Look, I need to apo-"

"It's okay," Winter interrupted. "Really."

And it was. The messages, the posts, the smile. Karina just needed to say it to make it true.

"It's not okay," Karina began, and Winter let her talk. "I couldn't say it in front of Heeseung, which was stupid. I enjoy spending time with you a lot- eating and laughing and talking to you. Not knowing you before will probably be one of my biggest mistakes, because these past few weeks have been more amazing than anything I could ever have asked for. I really, really like you, and I can't believe I didn't say it earlier."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Karina smiled again, and they just sat there for a moment, before Winter asked, "Do you really... like me?"

"I after like you," Karina replied. "I so much more than just like you. You're amazing. Sweet and kind and funny. There's nothing about you not to like. I want to know everything about you, Winter, just like I said. I want to know you and be with you and like you forever."

Winter's vision narrowed out until it was just the girl in front of her, the girl that texted her when she was feeling down, the girl who tutored and tolerated her. The girl who really liked Winter when she could have a whole school.

The girl who was Karina, Jimin, and Yooji all rolled into one.

"Winter, I love you."

"I love you too," Winter whispered, and Karina leaned over, across the center console, and pulled her into a hug as the younger girl's vision blurred with tears.

new post from katarinabluu ↻

♥ liked by imwinter, _chaechae_1, and 722 others

imwinter

katarinabluu future gf? 🙏❤

view all comments

_chaechae_1 omg ur asking her when. 

jenaissante why are u never this excited ab me 😭

_chaechae_1 @jenaissante I AM I PROMISE WAIT DMS

39saku_chan @chaechae_1 @jenaissante YES YES FINALLY SOMEONE MELTS HER COLD HEART??

imwinter 😊🤭 loving the caption?

imnotningning DMSSS