hold me while you wait

❝ i wish you cared a little more

i wish you'd told me this before ❞

‒ lewis capaldi, ' hold me while you wait '

winter pov

It was nearly the end of the school day, and Winter's brain was tripping over itself.

Who was Yooji? And also, were the rumors of Karina and Heeseung's breakup true?

She didn't have time for all this, because honestly, right now her brain was too crowded.

The bell rang and she was out of there, Ning on her heels, running from the school towards the garage.

"Ah, that day was so long," Ning laughed, her blond hair a little messy, her sweatshirt slightly mussed up over her baggy jeans. "We're free now though."

"Yeah, thank God," Winter snickered. "I think that we would've died if anything else happened."

Ning grinned, but the smile vanished from her face as soon as it'd appeared.

Winter followed her gaze to the girl in black.

Aeri wore black cargo pants with white thread, a black-on-gray oversized band tee exposing one strap. A black sweater was slung over her shoulders, and headphones were around her neck.

But that wasn't why Ning was staring, and in that moment, Winter watched her best friend's heart break.

Aeri's arms were around the waist of a blond girl, holding her close as they kissed in the school parking lot, right next to a black car which Winter already knew was Aeri's from Ning's ages of obsession.

Ning's expression was worse than anything Winter could ever imagine- it was like watching glass shatter, watching paper burn.

Her eyes were completely and utterly betrayed- like the person she trusted the most had gone behind her back and done something to her.

She had gone completely white, too.

"Come on," Winter whispered, but Ning's eyes were glued to the kissing girls in the lot.

Finally they broke apart, and that was when Winter saw the faint tears blossoming in Yizhuo's eyes.

It was like an eternity passed, and then Aeri looked up at Ning, who was staring at her in absolute shock, her mouth slightly open.

And then Winter grabbed her best friend and yanked her away from the scene. Ning was miraculously quiet.

It was only then, in the car, that she burst into tears.