where did you learn what it means to reciprocate?

Ophelia Varco x Clarisse La Rue
( If you would let me give you pinky
promise kisses then I wouldn't have
to scream your name )
cupify                                2024.

OPHELIA O, what a noble mind is here o'erthrown! The courtier's, soldier's, scholar's, eye, tongue, sword, Th' expectancy and rose of the fair state, The glass of fashion and the mould of form, Th' observ'd of all observers, quite, quite down!

And I, of ladies most deject and wretched,
That suck'd the honey of his music vows,
Now see that noble and most sovereign reason
Like sweet bells jangled out of tune and harsh,
That unmatch'd form and feature of blown youth
Blasted with ecstasy.

O, woe is me

T' have seen what I have seen, see what I see.

Selene has the power to give sleep and to light the night. She has control over time, and like the moon itself, she is ever-changing. It's interesting then, that one of the most enduring parts of Selene's myth has to do with keeping her beloved Endymion in an unchanged state for eternity.

the moon glistened as a curly haired girl wept with her best friend in her arms, a hand on her cheek as her tears fell onto the others face. her eyes wondered to the girls torso, a gaping hole inside of her chest. her breaths were becoming rigid, she was gasping at this point. she wanted so far for her best friend to be happy, "what were you thinking?" she had cradled her best friends head in her lap. her throat were dry and her face was red.

the best friend tried to swallow, "i followed.... my instincts..." she let out a wheeze as she sobbed.

"So you sacrifice yourself for me?" Clarisse said in disbelief. "You stupid moon girl, why?" her best friend didn't answer, only opening her palm to show the moon necklace that her mother had given her.

she used the last of her energy to open her eyes to look at clarisse, a smile forming on her face as she muttered a soft, "i love you." before entering into her internal slumber.

the daughter of ares sobbed as she not only mourned her best friend, but her first love. the gods were not supposed to let this happen, they were supposed to save her! her own mother didn't even care! she looked up at the moon and swore to the gods that she will see her love again,  no one would stop her, and for a split second, the moon shined a little brighter, like the goddess of the moon herself was agreeing with her.

IN WHICH
Clarisse meets her first love
as a ghost !

The air, unlit before, glows with the light of her golden crown, and her rays beam clear, whensoever bright Selene having bathed her lovely body in the waters of Ocean, and donned her far-gleaming raiment, and yoked her strong-necked, shining team, drives on her long-maned horses at full speed, at eventime in the mid-month: then her great orbit is full and then her beams shine brightest as she increases. So she is a sure token and a sign to mortal men.