01 : SCORCHING

All throughout Clarisse's life she was met with death. She didn't know why or how, the little things like her stepping on an ant or a bird flying into her window and doing escalated to her friends disappearing and being found mutilated.
She never had a moment to herself, she automatically leaped into danger so that way she can save the people she cared about and possibly destroy her. She didn't care much for life, with all the death surrounding her, she felt as the mark of Cain had slapped her hard against her cheek.

Percy Jackson had managed to comfort her, it was strange. All she could think about is how the dead body of her best friend had disappeared, Chiron couldn't have worked that fast.

"Here, Clary," Silena Beauregard smiled as she sat next to the girl, a slice of cake slid from her hands to the table. "It's strawberry, your favorite!"

Clarisse shook her head, "I can't eat."

"You haven't eaten in a week, baby, please?" She pouted. Silena had prioritized Clarisse more than anyone in this situation. She hasn't properly spoken to her boyfriend since the death of the moon girl.

Clarisse shook her head, "I can't, I have to find her." She pushed the cake back in front of her friend.

"Clary, I'm telling you, it was Chiron, please just take a bite," she took a piece and held it in front of her lips, only smiling when Clarisse opened her mouth ever so slightly to eat. "It's best if you just try and get over it, baby, I promise you her death was not in vain."

Clarisse's brown eyes turned red for a slight moment, turning her head towards the black haired girl. "What do you mean get over it? How am I supposed to get over my best friend dying because of me?!" She stood off the bench and walked. The river by the camp was the only place where she can relax, no one was ever near there in these cold winter months.

A sigh escaped her as she remembered how the waves tossed whenever Ophelia was near, she blamed the fact that she was "part moon," her pull caused massive tides and flooding. They had used this to mess with Percy in his first day, only to find out he's the son of Poseidon. Clarisse was never a moon girl, she has always been one for violence. She hurt everyone who came near, only able to survive in isolation. Until Ophelia had calmed down her scorching and make her a star.

Clarisse frowned as it soon became nighttime, the waves grew violent with the blowing air and it was soon time to head back to her cabin.