00 : BACK FROM THE DEAD

The moon shined through the cloudy night. Everyone everywhere can see the white iridescent light, hoping for acknowledgment. Though, it usually only is faint, the gleam was so bright that it awoke everyone at camp. Everyone except a girl, who was stuck holding on to her newly deceased love. Beside her laid a letter that the dead girl wrote, Clarisse had yet to read it.

Everything was too painful, the way her chest stopped heaving, the way her eyes were forever closed, the way her smile had vanished. She was only seventeen, for Gods sake.

"Clarisse, you have to let go," the young blonde said, putting a hand on the girls shoulder.

But her cries never stopped, she didn't want to let go, that would make it real. "She's gone, he killed her."

"I know Clarisse, I'm sorry." Finally, Clarisse let go, standing up with Percys help before giving the shorter boy a hug, he patted her back awkwardly — he was never the kind for affection, but yet he let her cry into his shoulder while he started at the girls body. Ophelia Varco was one in a kind, really. She accepted him on his first day, taught him how to get around, who to talk to. He wouldn't deny that it pained him to see her, his friend died. Clarisse shook her head before glancing at the body one more time, going back to her dorm before she cries more. The letter sat next to the deceased Ophelia, her blood starting to leak on to it.

When everyone was in their dorms, the moons light illuminated more, its white light surrounding the girl. In an instant, she was gone and the spot was clear. Selene, the powerful goodness of the moon, grew sad at the idea of her daughter dying, especially because of that no good Hermes kid. He had drowned her daughter and when she survived, he stabbed her heart.

The goddess brought the body to her, laying it on the rocks of the moon before looking for something—anything to save her. In an instant, she realized what she needed to do.

She needed to make her daughter a ghost.