08 : SILENA BEAUREGARD

Silena sat by the water, occasionally kicking the cold away with the movement of her feet. Her camp halfblood shirt got drenched occasionally, not wanting to move, she stayed.

Ophelia sat parallel to her, watching her with her eyebrow raised. Silena and Ophelia were never close, they were acquaintances at best. The daughter of the moon assumed that the rumor of her existence had been passed around camp, more people had tried to see her but no one was able to. She kept herself hidden for the most part, watching as strangers joked and tried to summon her as if she was a monster.

She's just a girl, she's not a monster... or is she? Was she supposed to be the next Eve? Was she supposed to make humanity happy but failed with her death? Or was her death set in stone, did the oracles predict it? She used to believe she was a monster, but now she knows it wasn't her fault. 
It was the fault of —

"Luke did terrible. It was surprising to everyone that he killed you," the black haired daughter of the goddess of love sighed, "we never expected it, he was so kind." A frown etched to her face. "I'm sure you know about the rumors going on about you, maybe thats all they are, but i felt the need to just stop by."

"I've been feeling guilty," Silena admitted, "I feel guilty that I just sat and watched you, I feel guilty that I wasn't able to help. I-I was frozen in fear, to be honest, I used to have a crush on him... I guess I was wrong about him being a good person."

It's not your fault, Ophelia wanted to say. You didn't know what he was going to do. But she was frozen.

"I hope the rumors of you being here are fake, I wouldn't wish for you to be stuck here," she took her feet out of the water, a sigh accompanied it as she stood, her eyes lingered where Ophelia sat, she felt a pull. "I know we were never close, but I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you, I'm sorry for crushing on your killer, and I'm sorry now for crushing on your best friend."

Ophelia's eyes widened, her best friend? Clarisse?

"Goodbye, Ophelia. I guess I'll see you when I die."